Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » forensic evidence: he stopped in mid-sentence

Author Topic: forensic evidence: he stopped in mid-sentence
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that not that many Christians realize that the Lord Jesus stopped in mid-sentence here on purpose:

Luke 4
19 And to preach the acceptable year of the LORD.

Jesus was reading Isaiah 61:1-2 which adds a second part to where Jesus stopped on purpose:

Isaiah 61
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD has anointed me to preach good tidings to the meek; and He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them who are bound;

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Do you see that Jesus stopped in midsentence, saying in Luke 4:19:

Luke 4
19 And to preach the acceptable year of the LORD.

But what about Part B of Isaiah 61:2? ... and the day of vengeance of our God.

Why did Jesus omit Part B? Because during His first Coming, Jesus came to call men to repentance during the acceptable year of the LORD; this is the year that you can be accepted by the LORD, because I am here.

This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

The day of vengeance of the LORD is still coming, at the Second Coming. But at the First Coming, Jesus came to show Who He was and Who His Father was, and to pay for our sins by His Great Mercy.

But the next time He comes, not only to take vengeance on His enemies, but also to comfort those who mourn.

Isaiah 61
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; and to comfort all who mourn.

That's us, to comfort those who mourn.

I note, BTW, that the time when we are comforted will be after the day of vengeance of our God.

May the LORD God of Israel bless all of us. I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement