Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » the son of Joseph just said he was the Messiah!

Author Topic: the son of Joseph just said he was the Messiah!
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grace and discernment be unto you all through the LORD Jesus Christ who Lives and reigns and by whose Spirit we are fashioned into one Body having one mind,even Christ's.

Mat 26:64 -
Thou hast said (su eipas). This is a Greek affirmative reply. If the disbelievers and deniers of Christs' diety would permit quick understanding, this Greek idiom *acceptable phrase having meaning different than the words themselves portray* into the mental sphere of acknowledgment, we should have none doubting, whereas beyond the idiomatic speak of the common man of the day, our Lord affirms His diety more clearly:

Mar 14:61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Mar 14:63 Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
Mar 14:64 Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

The idiom is expressed for affirmation elsewhere:

Mat 27:11
Mat 26:25
Joh 18:37
Luk 23:3

From VWS:

Thou sayest that (su legeis hoti). In Mat_27:11; Mar_15:2; Luk_23:3, su legeis clearly means “yes,” as su eipas (thou saidst) does in Mat_26:64 (= “I am,” egō eimi, in Mar_14:62). Hence here hoti had best be taken to mean “because”: “Yes, because I am a king.”

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 26
63 But Jesus held his peace, and the high priest answered and said to him, I adjure you by the living God, that you tell us whether you are the Christ, the Son of God.

64 Jesus said to him, You have said; nevertheless I say to you, Hereafter shall you see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He has spoken blasphemy; what further need do we have of witnesses? behold, now you have heard his blasphemy.

66 What do you think? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.

67 Then they spat in his face, and buffeted him; and others struck him with the palms of their hands,

68 Saying, Prophesy to us, you Messiah, Who is he who struck you?

the son of Joseph just said he was the Messiah!

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the son of Joseph, the carpenter's son, just said to the men and women in his hometown synagogue of Nazareth that he was the Messiah!

Although, they must confess that his fame of what he did in Jerusalem and Judah does precede him, where did this kid get all this wisdom from?

I do not doubt that I would have been among the crowd who tried to push him over the brow, for making a carpenter's son of Nazareth into the Messiah:

Luke 4:17-21
17 And there was delivered to him {to the son of Joseph, the carpenter's son} the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he {the son of Joseph, the carpenter's son} had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the LORD is upon me, because he has anointed me {the son of Joseph} to preach the gospel to the poor; and he has sent me {the son of Joseph} to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 And to preach the acceptable year of the LORD.

20 And he {the son of Joseph} closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and he sat down. And all eyes of them who were in the synagogue were fastened on him {on the son of Joseph. Was not this the carpenter's son?

Matthew 13:55
Is not this the carpenter's son? Is Mary not his mother? And his brothers, James, Joses, and Simon, and Judas {are they not with us}?

Luke 4
21 And he {the son of Joseph} began to say to them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Umm, not what they expected. Not what I would have expected either. I would be at the brow.

"the son of Joseph just said he was the Messiah!!!"

May the LORD God of Israel bless all who participate on this CBBS, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Jesus.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement