Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Open Night Free Fall

Author Topic: Open Night Free Fall
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I replied to this earlier, but I must not have hit the right button.

HFHS I'm not sure what you meant by that comment. If you are taking the name of the Lord in vain, then I am not sure you understand what I was saying, although my message was meant for BA. When I come to this forum, I really enjoy his posts because they are insightful, thought provoking, and full of a lot of wisdom. I enjoy finding actual bible studies here, and he is really about the only one that seems to start them. Not to mention there are only a few that even reply to them which makes them easy to catch up on since bible study posts usually get pushed aside for some reason. I may be in bible school and studying for several hours a day, but I love it so I find his posts very enjoyable.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carmela:
Thanks BA. I appreciate your wisdom also and I'm glad you are so faithful on this forum because I know that even when I can't visit as often, when I return you are always here.

Yes, God's faithful servant!! I am looking forward to his countdown to 6000 posts. [spiny] [hyper]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOD
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks BA. I appreciate your wisdom also and I'm glad you are so faithful on this forum because I know that even when I can't visit as often, when I return you are always here.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for this goodly testimony, sister Carmela, I have appreciated your faithfulness and wisdom which the LORD God of Israel has birthed in you, for the glory of your family also.

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto death.

Islam, Lucifer-Satan's people, know how to "love not their lives unto death". Do we "crusaders" or "cross-lovers" love our lives unto death?

I see you standing in the fire, standing on the Word, proclaiming the good news that Jesus of Nazareth rose from the dead on the third day. Read all about if in the Bible. Be smart, use a KJV.

God bless us all on this CBBS, I am BORN AGAIN.

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

I use to be afraid of everything. Afraid of rejection, failure, being hurt, june bugs...the list goes on and on. However, now things have changed because I'm seeking God prayerfully daily and He has healed me from a lot of pain from my past which has also caused me to not walk in fear daily anymore.

If one of my pets die, I won't touch it's dead body, I call all my neighbors and friends until I find someone to get rid of if for me. [Eek!] I was babysitting once and I heard a mouse trap go off in the kitchen so I wouldn't even enter the kitchen the rest of the night because I didn't want to find it. However, I would sit and watch all of the live mice come out and explore the house, it was a bit strange but it wasn't my house so I wasn't too uncomfortable.

Now that I said all of this, I'm not afraid of death itself or of dying. I am afraid of having some debilating disease that slowly destroys my body or leaves me in excessive pain until I die, but I have given those fears to God.

So I guess to sum this up my point is that any fear we have, if we turn it over to God and allow Him to work in those areas of our lives, we can overcome the fear. I use to be shy and quiet and talk and although I had friends, I wouldn't let anyone get close to me. Now, I'm totally opposite and it wasn't by my doing. God's word said that when He starts a great work in us, He is faithful to complete it so I stand on those words.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is exactly what my hubby would have said

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

TEXASGRANDMA writes
quote:
BA,

You are not mean enough to be AMH [Wink]

Thank you. I'll work on that.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Becoming a Christian does not make one stop being a human being. Of course most of us have fears, but how we deal with our fears is what is important. Does our fear control us or do we control our fears by drawing close to God. But, pretending we are not human is unrealistic.
At my age I am less fearful then I was when I was younger. I guess my greatest fear would be dying and my hubby turning his back on God.
But to make a joke about fears is petty. It is like the lady that lies and says she does not have a headache because she does not believe in admitting that she is sick. [Eek!]

BA,

You are not mean enough to be AMH [Wink]
Years ago before my husband got saved he used to make fun of me for being afraid of dying. I told my Pastor, and he told me that God gave us a strong will to live. That if He had not done this all Christians would want to kill themselves to get to Heaven sooner.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Am I sounding more like AMH yet or am I yet far from such talent?

HisGrace
unregistered

Oh that's right - we're all afraid of her. [Eek!]
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

fear of death. Eventhough a lot of Christians speak bravely about "I'm ready to die and go to heaven", just don't let anything REALLY scary happen in their lives in the meantime, for then we will SEE who's afraid of Virginia Wolff.

HisGrace
unregistered

In the ideal spiritual world there is no fear.

Numbers 13:30-33 But Caleb tried to encourage the people as they stood before Moses. "Let's go at once to take the land," he said. "We can certainly conquer it!"

But the other men who had explored the land with him answered, "We can't go up against them! They are stronger than we are!"

So they spread discouraging reports about the land among the Israelites: "The land we explored will swallow up any who go to live there. All the people we saw were huge.

We even saw giants there, the descendants of Anak. We felt like grasshoppers next to them, and that's what we looked like to them!"

~With God we don't have to be afraid of the giants.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what are your fears?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement