Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Mercy/Grace What is the Difference?

Author Topic: Mercy/Grace What is the Difference?
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that, HisGrace. [thumbsup2]

BORN AGAIN by Jesus's [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think sometimes we really don't realize the depths of his mercy.

1 Tim. 1:12-17 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy

The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.
But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
BTW, dear sister HisGrace, one ought never to make ultimatums with oneself as you did on the Expose False Teachings forum, for now the LORD God cannot use your Grace there. [crying]

HisGrace's work is finished on that forum; I have now turned it over to HIS GRACE. As I said on another thread to someone who is having difficulties. "I have done my best, now He can do the rest"
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear sister HisGrace, I remember the mercy of the Old Testament. It was beautiful.

I just loved it when the Messiah Yahshua-Jesus said to the legalist Pharisees, "But go and learn what this means, 'I will have mercy, and not sacrifice'."

"But if you had known what that meant, you would not have condemned the guiltiless."

BTW, dear sister HisGrace, one ought never to make ultimatums with oneself as you did on the Expose False Teachings forum, for now the LORD God cannot use your Grace there. [crying]

In memory of the blessed Son Yahshua Who rose from the dead on the third day, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Yahshua ha-meshiach.

("may we all cry together for the ones who are lost")

HisGrace
unregistered

I have noticed that the word "grace" is not mentioned too many times in the Old Testament, but mercy is mentioned frequently. I personally think that it is because we walk with Jesus by daily grace. When I think of mercy, I think that there may be a dark cloud hanging over our heads, but God rescues us from that dark cloud by his mercy.

Numbers 9:31
But in your great mercy, you did not put an end to them or abandon them, for you are a great and merciful God.

Once we are saved we are under God's grace. Grace is also considered to be unwarranted favour, but through God's unconditional love we have an endless supply of grace available to us every day through Jesus.

I Peter 1:3 All honour to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for it is by his boundless mercy that God has given us the privilege of being born again.

John 1:16 From the fullness of his grace, we have all received one blessing after another.

The following are some remarks that I have picked up regarding mercy and grace.

-Mercy is the negative (withholding punishment), while grace is the positive, (granting undeserved blessing)

-Mercy of the courts, vs grace of God.

-We praise God for his mercy, because of what we don't get.(death.) We praise Him for his grace because of what we do get.(salvation)

- The Old Covenant was one of mercy and the New Covenant, through Christ, is one of grace. I say this because under the Law of Moses, sin was not forgiven, but rather covered up for a time and punishment deferred, so to speak, by Atonement. and punishment with held in mercy.But now we have total forgiveness of sins and punishment, because of God's grace obtained through faith.

Like everything good from God, mercy, grace and faith are gifts. We accept his grace through faith, and lean totally on him with trust that he will give us complete direction, and take control of our every decision.

A scripture with both grace and faith mentioned in it

Ephesians. 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves It is the gift of God.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement