Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Prayer

Author Topic: Prayer
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes the Lord can do just so much through us, because enough layers have not been pealed away, so that we are mature enough to gain new insight through his endless wisdom he has to available to us.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

I am so thankful to the LORD and to the Lord for what They have done for me, aren't you?

How beautiful, is the LORD and His Son and Their Holy Spirit!

"I will make them jealous with a nation which is not a nation."

God's blessings be upon us who participate on this CBBS, I am BORN AGAIN by the loving cross of Christ.

How beautiful, is the Body of Christ. BORN AGAIN

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

dear sister Carmela, I wanted to thank you for posting the great things that the LORD God of Israel has done in you thru His Son Yashua-Jesus of Nazareth (may I use you to preach for a moment), how you were hurting before and now the LORD God of Israel, the Creator of the sky and earth and all things that are therein, has blessed you and your family Jim and Cheyenne. Father, help them to blosssom in Christ Jesus, I ask of You.

Your friend in Christ, BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus of Nazareth

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DF I can assure that God hears all prayers. There aren't any prayers that are lifted before His throne that He doesn't hear.

However, if you start reading the New Testament part of the bible carefully, you will see many time when Jesus told people, "Your faith has made you whole, or Your faith has healed you..." He also said this same phrase in other ways.

Matt 9:28-30
28 And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.
29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.
30 And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it.
(KJV)

So, although God hears, sometimes it's the amount of faith that we have that causes our prayers to be answered. When I was a new Christian, I always use to pray and ask God to hold my hand and if my hand starts to slip from His to grab me and never me go. He didn't let me go and there were time I almost slipped away from Him because of choices I was making.

Then, we are given this promise.
Matt 17:20
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
(KJV)

So you see here, that we need faith, but we don't have to this great spiritual prayer or a huge amount of faith to receive from God. We only need a tiny amound. The mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds, which is why Jesus used it for comparison.

DF God/Jesus loves you just as much has He loves me and everyone else on this board. You don't have to feel like a huge "SPIRITUAL" person for God to hear you. His word says:
II Th 2:13
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the
(KJV)

It also says that even before you were born, He knew you. You were not an accident, you were planned by God from the beginning. So, He listens to everyone because He loved you and others so much that He planned you and created you. For this reason, when someone turns their back on Him, it grieves Him but He never turns His back on His people first and HE NEVER stops listening to them. If you read the Exodus in the Old Testamanet, you can see that MANY, MANY times, the people turned their back on God but as soon as they called to Him, He forgave them and started helping them again. This doesn't give us an excuse to turn our backs on Him, but it does show that He is faithful to always listen to us, no matter what condition we are in.

It also doesn't mean He always answer prayers but BA addressed that when he talked about praying according to God's will.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The more we yield to the Holy Spirit's guidance, the more free and 'uncluttered' we become in daily dieing to the flesh. As we see in these two scriptures the rewards become greater.

Phil.1:25,26 I am convinced of this, so I will continue with you so that you will grow and experience the joy of your faith.
Then when I return to you, you will have even more reason to boast about what Christ Jesus has done for me.

John 3:30 He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

God doesn't miss a thing, cluttered, uncluttered, better Christian, not-so-better Christian, not-a-Christian at all.

As long as we ask according to His will, He will answer.

The only real difference between a "cluttered" Christian and an "uncluttered" Christian is that the "uncluttered" will be more experienced at noticing when his/her prayers are being answered, whereas "cluttered" Christians may not yet notice what are answers, and what are not.

call me "cluttered" if you want, but...

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by DF5152:
Does God here prayer better from people are who are better christians or does he listen all the same

More mature Christians have developed a more purified faith pattern of communication with God, thus making the channels of prayer more 'uncluttered' and accessible to making their needs known. Therefore, he becomes more powerful in their lives.
DF5152
Community Member
Member # 5239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DF5152     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does God here prayer better from people are who are better christians or does he listen all the same

--------------------
There are three things that will endure faith, hope and love and the greatest of these is Love.

Posts: 7 | From: LI, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement