Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » sin?

Author Topic: sin?
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Board timspong and DF5152
quote:
Originally posted by timspong:
I definately think that certain sins are generational and can be passed down. Classic
examples include, drunkeness, anger, violence dishonesty etc etc. I think the child learns from the parents a certain moral code that is very fundimental to the way the child behaves. It kind of sets the parameters of acceptable behaviour. It is our job as christians to recognise the generational curses and stop them
from continueing.

I agree.However, we are each individually responsible for our own decision for Christ. We are not accountable for their salvation and they are not accountable for ours. We each have to make a confession for own lives.

Romans 10:9-11 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definately think that certain sins are generational and can be passed down. Classic examples include, drunkeness, anger, violence dishonesty etc etc. I think the child learns from the parents a certain moral code that is very fundimental to the way the child behaves. It kind of sets the parameters of acceptable behaviour. It is our job as christians to recognise the generational curses and stop them from continueing.

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF5152
Community Member
Member # 5239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DF5152     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
big word for only having 3 letters. I was reading another post and something i read bothered me. Does the bible say the sins of the parent can be passed to your children. How is that possible and why? we dont pass our sins to jesus so how would it be possible to pass sin to our children

--------------------
There are three things that will endure faith, hope and love and the greatest of these is Love.

Posts: 7 | From: LI, NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement