Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Normal man or God?

Author Topic: Normal man or God?
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Yahsway. I was reading that as if it were a question he was asking and answering for himself or to us.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear Raj, welcome to the CBBS, you write
quote:
Our God is in heaven. He does whatever He pleases (Ps 115:3).
God does whatever He pleases. Lately God has been dealing with me about this subject.

Alfred Edersheim, author of The Life and Times of Jesus Christ", mentions that when one needs revelation about the Absolute Power and Absolute Control over absolutely everything, which revelation changes a person to either laugh hilariously and uproariously and also to check with God on a regular basis for concurrent leading and advice and very wise counsel.

God bless and namaste, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dig this. The mesinger was like this not the message. So what is the message of this text?

James 5:17

Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain, and it didn't rain on the earth for three years and six months. (WEB)

Elijah was a man of like passions with us, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain; and it rained not on the earth for three years and six months. (ASV)

Elijah was a man of flesh and blood as we are, and he made a strong prayer that there might be no rain; and there was no rain on the earth for three years and six months. (BBE)

Elias was a man of like passions to us, and he prayed with prayer that it should not rain; and it did not rain upon the earth three years and six months; (DBY)

Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. (KJV)

Elijah was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. (WBS)

Elijah was a man with a nature similar to ours, and he earnestly prayed that there might be no rain: and no rain fell on the land for three years and six months. (WEY)

Elijah was a man like affected as we, and with prayer he did pray -- not to rain, and it did not rain upon the land three years and six months; (YLT)

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carmela, I believe that what Raj was saying is that Jesus/Yeshua is God in the flesh. He says at the bottom of his post that these are questions he gets from others in India about Jesus being just a man.

And the verses Raj has used is asking those that believe that Jesus is just a man if a mere man can do such things.

Look at the beginning of Raj's post. He is asked this question from those he evangelizes to-

"Jesus was a normal man, Why do you say He is God?

And then Raj goes on to explain why He believes Jesus is God.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the Jehovah Witness go door to door, and they also believe the same doctrine Raj does.

Raj from what I am gathering from this post, you are saying Jesus isn't God, am I right? Do you believe that Jesus was divine?

I believe that Jesus was with God in the beginning, and that God sent Jesus to us because the first Adam failed. Jesus didn't. I hear lots of people say that Jesus is God. I am not sure either way definitely but I don't believe that whether I think Jesus is God or that He isn't, that isn't what is going to get me into heaven. It's the heart that God will look at in us, not the wisdom we have.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed in your profile that you are involved in door to door evenagelism! Praise God. In the west we are not so good at evangelizing and building the church in the tradition of the apostles and it is to our shame. I hope that you will share some of your testimony with us. I am sure it will be encouraging and edifying.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen! And welcome to the board Raj! It is nice to have with us a brother from India.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raj
Advanced Member
Member # 5224

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Raj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus was a normal man. Why do you say that he is
God? [dance]

Every human in this world, die one day. But Jesus was
raised back on the third day of his death (LK 24:6).
A normal man cannot rise again after his death. Jesus
lead a life without even a small sin (Jn 8:46). He
was testified as guiltless by Pilate the officer who
enquired Him (Lk 23:4, 14, 22). Jesus was witnessed
as a sinless person by his own apostles (1 Pet 2:22).
Today can anyone say that he has not done even a
single sin? Can any pre-eminent scholars, reformers
or leaders say that they are guiltless? Jesus walked
on the water like dry ground (Mat 14:25). Jesus
penetrated the closed room and entered in (Jn 20:19).
He was disappeared when the Pharisees tried to arrest
Him, before the appointed time (Jn 8:59). A normal
man cannot say, “Where two or three are gathered
together in My name, I am there in the midst of them”?
(Mat 18:20) and “I am with you always even to the end
of the age” (Mat 28:20). You cannot look at a normal
man and say, “Now we are sure that You know all things
and have no need that anyone should question You. By
this we believe that You came forth from God”. (Jn
16:30). A normal man cannot say, “All authority has
been given to Me in heaven and on earth (Mat 28:18).
No so-called ‘gods’ can say, “I am He who lives and
was dead and behold, I am alive forevermore” (Rev.
1:18). No leader can concert the water into wine. We
can go on telling like this. God can do any thing
other than committing sins. Can we ask God whether He
can be manifested in flesh? Who has known the mind of
the Lord that he may instruct Him? (1 Cor 2:16), Who
has become his counselor? (Rom 11:34). Can man decide
how God must be? I am not trying to justify one ‘god’
beheading the other “small god” and ‘god’ doing
eve-teasing the girls who are taking bath. Our God is
in heaven. He does whatever He pleases (Ps 115:3).
The history would not have been divided into two as AD
and BC if Jesus were a normal man.

--------------------
Be ready always to answer with meekness and reverence to people, who inquire about our faith. 1 Pet 3:15
Questions from Hindus that i face in ministry in India.
How many know Christ because of you?

Posts: 23 | From: INDIA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement