Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Would God Take It Away?

Author Topic: Would God Take It Away?
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J4Jesus:
i hope not though, these desires are from above right? it should be best thing next to salvation.

As long as they don't turn into all-consuming desires that can't be controlled. Salvation all of sudden can be pushed to the background instead of being the number one priority in our lives. Our bodies belong to Jesus.

1 Cor. 6:18-20.Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hope not though, these desires are from above right?

it should be best thing next to salvation.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by J4Jesus:
Would God Take something away from someone like Marriage? I know someone:

and i know when he was a boy, he sure didn't care about this kind of stuff, and he wasn't thinking evil. but now he does alot.

I don't know if he would take it away from someone, but he may wish to protect those concerned from making some grave errors. If the Lord sees that one party is acting disfavourably, he may protect the more spiritual party by setting off alarm
bells, telling them to beware. God does give believers distinct warnings to proceed very cautiously.

If a person continues to think evil, there is a root cause. They are still clinging to a past lifestyle, by maybe going places they shouldn't be going, or watching or reading material they shouldn't indulge in.

You know, you may be right J4J. They less prudent person could eventually lose someone if they don't turn away from their old ways.

2 Cor. 10:3
"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh."

J4Jesus
unregistered

Would God Take something away from someone like Marriage? I know someone:

by now he's gotten kinda ignorant about it.

he's not doing it purposely.

but he's still having the whole sexual immorality problem.

and i know when he was a boy, he sure didn't care about this kind of stuff, and he wasn't thinking evil. but now he does alot.

But this is about Marriage.

he does have Reason to Believe that he will be married. He's having some of the same types of dreams about this One Special girl and she's had some about him too.

She's a Christian yes. She's a whole lot holier than he is. And he hopes she stays pure.

He does wanna be with her alot.

But he has got alot of non-Christ-like junk in himself.

How can i Love her if i'm sexually immoral?

Marriage is not all about that stuff but it is enough and that's good with for him he said.

Everytime something good happens between her and him. Any new awesome hope happens, he thinks to himself "Ok, This is definately a motivation not to give in". But even that doesn't work. But it doesn't need to be. It's just a personal habit anyway.

Just a Question Though. Marriage will be a tough thing without God ruling both people.

sorry.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement