Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » If you will enter into life....

Author Topic: If you will enter into life....
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It amazes me how He could pray for those that persecuted Him. I pray for my enemies, but often I have to check my motives when I'm praying. Sometimes, I have truly forgiven and moved on. Other times, I pray just because I'm told but I'm really not letting go, or just to heap coal on their head. God knows the attitude and the motive of our hearts so when we pray but don't mean it, He knows. We are only trying to fool ourselves, and that can only go on for so long until we are convicted and this sin in our lives is dealt with. I'm so grateful that God never lets us stay in our sin and that He reveals things to us. I'm also even more grateful that Jesus not only paid the price for me, but also for people I may not like very much. Fortunately, I've been dealing with these areas of my heart, but to know that Jesus is so kind, loving and merciful that He never turns His back on me in spite of my own wicked heart--it just amazes me.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lord Christ Jesus even prayed for those who murdered Him that they are forgiven.

Rom 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Rom 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbor for his good to edification.
Rom 15:3 For even Christ pleased not himself: but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
Rom 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Rom 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 15:7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is hard to love our neighbor sometimes, isn't it. Good point BA. It's easy to love the people we rarely see, but to love someone we see daily isn't always as easy. Especially when things happen like their cat keeps using our flower garden as a litter box. Ohhhhh that really ticks my landlord. [Big Grin]

It's also a good point how Jesus never convicted him. None of us are perfect, loving at all times, but Him and yet he never said a word. I like that you brought that up. I haven't thought of that before.

I also like when David sinned and he prayed, against you only have I sinned Lord. Although he violated a married woman and had her husband killed, he realized that his sin was really against God because God is perfect and sinless. Imagine how our sin looks to God. Yet with that in mine, He continues to forgive us, to love us, and to treat us kindly and with respect, even when we are in the midst of sin. He didn't go around pointing His (righteous) finger at anyone. He just loved them and corrected them out of that love, and he would often even do it privately unless something was said publicly that He had to address publicly.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 19
16 And, look, one came and said to him {to Jesus}, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 And he {the man} said to him {to Jesus}, Which {commandments}? And Jesus said, You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness,

19 Honor your father and your mother: and, you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

20 And the young man said to him {Jesus}, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

What amazed me was that this young man could say, "All these things have I kept from my youth up".

Can ANY person on earth say that "he has loved his neighbor as himself"? Wasn't that, really, a bunch of hooey, and Jesus knew it was hooey, but He didn't bother to rebuke the young man?

"For all come short of the glory of God" and "there is none who does good, no not one"

"And why do you call me 'good'? There is none good but God".

What is also interesting is that Jesus separated out the five first (no murder, no adultery, not stealing, no false witness, honor parents) and only then goes to the all-encompassing one, "love your neighbor as yourself".

It's also interesting that "love the LORD your God with all your heart, mind and soul" was not added to the commandments.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement