Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » All Pieces Fit Together (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: All Pieces Fit Together
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Who is right??
God is right, and everyone else is wrong. What truth we do have has been given by God. We are all wrong in are selves and truth comes from seeking the Lord. We are all just beggars looking for a piece of bread. None of us have it all figured out, and we deceive ourselves when we think that we do. Remember what the Lord said in Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit. He's saying blessed are they that know they don't have it all figured out, and they seek him and trust that He will lead them home.

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Semantics? There are many in here who keep saying we have to follow "The Truth" - yes according to their interpretations.

The only real Truth in the Bible is YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN. and to love one another. Everything else is up to our own personal convictions. I have peace in my mind about how I should follow my spirital walk and no one is going to rob me of that joy by telling me that I twist 'The Truth'. I am only answering to Jesus and he is pretty happy with me. To Him Be the Glory.

Does that mean I think I am perfect. By all means NO. If he reveals a new layer in my life that has to be taken care of, I deal with it quickly in order to 'keep the peace'.

Back to semantics. I have been trying to make it more clear lately by saying that we are one body with different parts. We do not serve a legalist God. If I don't see certain scriptures the way someone else does, that doesn't mean I am going to lose my salvation..

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

What does this phrase of yours mean, in practice, HisGrace:
quote:
Who is right?? A lot of times it boils down to semantics.
Let's say it does "boil down to semantics".

What does that look like?

What do you mean by that?

Assume for easy-sake that everybody uses the KJV in this example. The words are the same for everybody, right?

The context is the same for every body, right?

Then different parts of the Bible connect to other parts of the Bible.

The Bible tends to explain itself; one part of the Bible explains another part of the Bible.

Some facts in the Bible are confirmed by outside sources like archaeology {finding artifacts) and philology (comparison of languages) and etymology (source of languages??).

Anyway, when you say "it all boils down to semantics", what do you have in mind, HisGrace?

Isn't it great to be able to talk to Christians even in other countries? Amazing. The Devil has to be furious about that part of the Internet--electronic Bibles, what is this world coming to!?!?

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by hardcore:
Unity in the body of Christ must be based in Truth. Unity is not the ultimate objective. Truth is.
I would rather fight for the Truth, than get along with a lie.

The Bible seems to think that unity is very important.

Ephesians 4:1-7
Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. Always keep yourselves united in the Holy

We are all one body, we have the same Spirit, and we have all been called to the same glorious future. There is only one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and there is only one God and Father, who is over us all and in us all and living through us all. However, he has given each one of us a special gift according to the generosity of Christ.

Many of us have a different version of what the Truth is. You don't seem to agree with my interpretation, and a lot of times I don't agree with yours either hardcore. Who is right?? A lot of times it boils down to semantics. So isn't it more important that we try to live in unity than to blatantly speculate that someone doesn't know the Truth.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

AMEN!! Check out the thread here called "True or False" (I think that's the title?) It's about this subject of Unity or Division...

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carmela:
Hardcore I certainly do not think any of us should compromise doctrine. That isn't what I'm saying. What I am saying is that for many Christians, we have a firm foundation but we spend too much time arguing about the petty things. Homosexuality in the church is sin, it isn't a petty thing. I certainly agree that we are not to compromise. The verse you quoted does not say Christian against Christian though.

There are many in the church that think they are a Christian but they aren't. It's our job to disciple them. If we start standing together instead of dividing, then we can reach more people. When non-Christians see us disputing, it causes them to not want to follow the God we follow. So, they turn from Jesus rather than being drawn to Him.

I guess some of us have very different views on what we consider "petty" and what we consider to be a "firm foundation".

The verse I quoted doesn't not say Christian against Christian either. Christians most certainly do divide and will continue to do so. What do you think apostacy is? Why are we warned about it? Why do you think He told us that some would cry Lord Lord? And what does He say to them? Why does He say narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.?

I think Christians make a grave error when they assume that a lot of these scriptures are meant only for the unbeliever. Think again. Judgement begins in His house.

Unity in the body of Christ must be based in Truth. Unity is not the ultimate objective. Truth is.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
.You may not have been referring to a one world religion with your post, but that is what unity among "Christians" will ultimately become. The "unity" concept in general, is spreading like wildfire within the church, and will ultimately be her downfall.

Where is Jesus in that statement when we are told that we are all one body, Jews, Greeks, Gentiles alike?( Don't try to say that I said that - it is in the Bible. )My Bible has a message of hope, love, compassion. I believe it is a ploy of the devil to focus on and get caught up in constant chatter about disunity.
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hardcore I certainly do not think any of us should compromise doctrine. That isn't what I'm saying. What I am saying is that for many Christians, we have a firm foundation but we spend too much time arguing about the petty things. Homosexuality in the church is sin, it isn't a petty thing. I certainly agree that we are not to compromise. The verse you quoted does not say Christian against Christian though.

There are many in the church that think they are a Christian but they aren't. It's our job to disciple them. If we start standing together instead of dividing, then we can reach more people. When non-Christians see us disputing, it causes them to not want to follow the God we follow. So, they turn from Jesus rather than being drawn to Him.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Betty I am not talking about one world religion. I'm talking about people agreeing to disagree sometimes and still being able to work together. We all serve the same God, we just has some varying degree of what we believe and why. However, if we all work together, we will accomplish more than if we keep being divided and/or arguing with each other.

However, my post has nothing to do with apostacy so I won't even go there.

In fairness to you, I do understand where you're coming from and I do believe that we can have unity in some areas, but certainly not all. There are doctrine essentials that can not be compromised for the sake of unity, however; I wouldn't part ways with someone because we couldn't agree on whether one should be sprinkled or dunked during baptism.

You may not have been referring to a one world religion with your post, but that is what unity among "Christians" will ultimately become. The "unity" concept in general, is spreading like wildfire within the church, and will ultimately be her downfall. It is the precursor for the world accepting "one" church. If you take an overall look at the churches, denominations, and organizations that preach this concept, you will find apostacy written all over them. They are the same groups who deny essential Christian doctrine - i.e. homosexual pastors are okay, Jesus is not the only way to heaven, denial of a triune God, the bible has errors, etc.

quote:
Carmella: You are right Caretaker, but look at how much division there is between Christians. The bible is about unity, not division.
The bible is full of division. Conflict after conflict after conflict. There's always a decision to be made - right vs. wrong, good vs.evil, etc. Always division. Choosing Jesus and standing solidly for THE WORD will cause us division until the day our mortal bodies die.

Here is what Jesus had to say about division:

Luk 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
Luk 12:52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
Luk 12:53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

There are many who call themselves Christian who are not. There are many who go to church week after week who will not see heaven. There is much division within the church because the church is filled with false teaching; which is apostacy, like it or not.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello BA, we all doing fine. Yes, my husband is Jim. I just finished an extremely difficult quarter which included 5 class teachings so I didn't have much time left for getting into trouble. [Wink] [Big Grin] How are you and your family doing?

I have to teach on Jeremiah 3 and 7 this week so please keep me in your prayers. It takes me a long time of prayer and study to prepare to teach. It's fun doing the homework part but I hate talking in front of people so I tend to talk really fast and forget to take breaths lol It's much easier to talk in forums.

I like learning about people over the internet. Partly because I really care about people, even those I disagree with or haven't met in person, and partly because there is a big world out there and often we only get to see the small portion that is around us. In school we have people from Africa and all over America and I love it because I find Southern people so kind and of course their accents are quite cool. Although my husband's Scottish accent still has any of the American accents beat. [Wink] Then there are the Africans and I absolutely love to pray and worship with them. They are people that really know how to pray. I love the diversity of people and even though we can't hear accents online, we can still learn so much from each other whether we agree or not. I like when we disagree because I find that when I disagree with someone, I leave the computer carrying those thoughts with me throughout the week and as I study and pray, I keep reflecting on posts. It helps me to grow and learn more I think. It's the same way when we do papers at school, I carry the assignment with me even after I'm done with it and it causes me to continue to learn. I like that.

HFHS I like your post, but I do disagree with part of it. The bible says we are all one body and Christ is the head. It doesn't say that we are all a body in our own church. It uses the word body, meaning one.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Dear sister Carmela, how are you “darlin’”? How is the family, your husband Jim I think it is and your daughter Cheyenne?

I see the birth of the Internet already as a divine invention to cause us Christians to learn a lot more about each other than we, in some instances, wanted to know!
[Prayer] [happyhappy] [Prayer] [crying] [Prayer] [Confused] [Prayer]

HisGrace
unregistered

I love this scripture. Wouldn't it be great if we all could work together like this -
Oops Carmela - I see you already quoted a portion of it.

1 Corinthians 12:12-27 The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up only one body. So it is with the body of Christ. 13Some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles, some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into Christ's body by one Spirit, and we have all received the same Spirit.[c]
Yes, the body has many different parts, not just one part. If the foot says, "I am not a part of the body because I am not a hand," that does not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear says, "I am not part of the body because I am only an ear and not an eye," would that make it any less a part of the body? Suppose the whole body were an eye--then how would you hear? Or if your whole body were just one big ear, how could you smell anything?

But God made our bodies with many parts, and he has put each part just where he wants it. What a strange thing a body would be if it had only one part! Yes, there are many parts, but only one body. The eye can never say to the hand, "I don't need you." The head can't say to the feet, "I don't need you."

In fact, some of the parts that seem weakest and least important are really the most necessary. And the parts we regard as less honorable are those we clothe with the greatest care. So we carefully protect from the eyes of others those parts that should not be seen, while other parts do not require this special care. So God has put the body together in such a way that extra honor and care are given to those parts that have less dignity.

This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other equally. If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad.

Now all of you together are Christ's body, and each one of you is a separate and necessary part of it.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see the church as a puzzel too with all the pieces fitting to gether just so to form the big picture. I am very visual and I love that picture; it shows us how God designed each of us perfectly foor our unique place in the puzzel and no other piece can fill that specific spot and yet when it is all together there is one picture and yet the individual pieces can still be recognized or seen. But I see that this is to happen at a local church level. The concept of church in the scripture is one of a local and not a global body. Each local area had its own issues of life. Life for the Ephesians was not the same as for the Romans etc.. Government was to occur at the local level
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Betty I am not talking about one world religion. I'm talking about people agreeing to disagree sometimes and still being able to work together. We all serve the same God, we just have some varying degree of what we believe and why. However, if we all work together, we will accomplish more than if we keep being divided and/or arguing with each other.

However, my post has nothing to do with apostacy so I won't even go there.

quote:
We already have one unified, inspired, revealed, illuminated Masterpiece, it is called the Word of God.

You are right Caretaker, but look at how much division there is between Christians. The bible is about unity, not division.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We already have one unified, inspired, revealed, illuminated Masterpiece, it is called the Word of God.

2 Tim. 3:
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Thess 2:
1: Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2: That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3: Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4: Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5: Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6: And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7: For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8: And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10: And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Matthew 7:21-29
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HardCore,
Like you I find the idea of One World Religion frightening.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Questions:

1. Do the two of you know what ecumenism is?

2. Do you know the role it plays regarding apostacy within the church?

I don't think I would describe Carmella's post as profound, but I will agree that it is very telling.

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Imagine what we could do if we would all unite also. The time will come when we ALL need EACH OTHER in order to even survive.

We are starting to see this movement of progression a bit in the world now.

Your post is so profound Carmela.

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just typing in another forum and thought I would share it here also.

God speaks to so many people and he gives each person a small piece of a large puzzle. I was realizing that if we all worked together in UNITY, I mean ALL CHRISTIANS, we could all start putting our pieces together and really seeing the big picture of what God is doing and what is ahead in the future. The bible talks about the power of unity, it's time that all churches and all denominations start working together, not fighting each other all of the time. God has so much for each of us. Consider this story:

Gen 11:4-7
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
(KJV)

When the people united, they could do anything and God knew it so he mixed up the language.

Imagine what we could do if we would all unite also. The time will come when we ALL need EACH OTHER in order to even survive.

God shows each person a small portion, we need to unite so we can work together in the fullest way possible.
1 Cor 12:12-14
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
(KJV)

It's time we are all united together if we really want to make a Godly impact on the world around us.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement