Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Some Questions on the Chruch of Philadelphia

Author Topic: Some Questions on the Chruch of Philadelphia
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you whole heartedly. I have some comments on the fast part, but I hope others will share their thoughts.

quote:
This time of judgmental suffering coming upon the earth is for those "who dwell upon the earth" and that is not the Church!
That is not the church/Bride AMEN! Amen! Amen! We are not earthly citizens!

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 10:34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world:

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Oh, if we could only get this!!!!!!!!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 3:10 10 "Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. (NKJV)

This is one of the strongest verses supporting the pre-tribulation theory.

There has been and will be 'til Christ's return, a battle with satan and his demons from which no Christian is immune, but that is not the GREAT TRIBULATION!

This time of judgmental suffering coming upon the earth is for those "who dwell upon the earth" and that is not the Church!

In verse 11, what is the fast that this church has?

This church must not depart from its solid foundation of faithfulness to Jesus and His word, and evangelism, they must continue in the things mentioned in

Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

, even if they seem "unspectacular" by some modern church standards
That no one may take your crown: if they fail to hold fast, the crown might be given to another; the idea is not that it might be stolen by another.

This is not a crown of royalty due to one because of birth, but a crown of victory. Jesus is encouraging His saints to finish their course with victory, to play the second half just as strongly as they have played the first half

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading in the thread on the rapture and Watchman had written about the church not being subject to wrath and I am always puzzled by the use of this scripture to support the pretrib rapture. It is a scripture that the mid- tribbers wuickly jump on to support their mid trib view.

Not only is the church not appointed to wrath, but the church is not appointed to trial... we have not a need to wait for the day of atonement; we are now wholly righteous by HIS blood.

This scripture to me speaks this: This is the Bride of Christ to me: We can discuss why if you like, but I would like to get your thoughts on some questions at the bottom:

Revelation 3:7 ¶ And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

I have some questions that I would like opinions on:

What do you see as "The word of my patience" that this church has kept?

In verse 11, what is the fast that this church has?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement