Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Freemasonry

Author Topic: Freemasonry
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RioLion,
don't join - stay far away from them.

Run a search on CBBS for freemasons/freemasonry.
Run a search for Illuminati.
There are threads on these boards with info about them.

Have you read, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry by Albert Pike?
You really need to know what is in that book before joining!

Why, as they say, do you deserve to be kept in the dark, regarding their purpose while you go through the Blue Degrees?

Why will you be at least 18th degree before you "begin' to really learn anything of "their truth"?

Do you really believe that little white apron can "save you";
thus making it equal to the Blood of Jesus?

What/who are these names you are taking vows and oaths too?

Do you realy believe that Adoni and Lucifer are both God, with Lucifer being good and Adoni being evil?

Please search this out anywhere you can.
find out what is in Albert Pike's book.
That book is the bottom line on what they believe.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read an article some time back by a man who calls himself an Ex-Mason for Jesus and he left because it is not consistent with a sincere expression of the Christian faith.

I printed a portion of an article, which contains the following statement re the Mason -

"They must believe in one Supreme Being, but since there are many religions involved,this God is not the God of the Bible.(Because they believe in one Supreme Being, men of the Islamic faith are eligible, but the Lodge doesn't seem to be dominated by them."

I have a problem with the fact that they don't worship the God of the Bible.

There have been at least three threads on this Board concerning Freemasonry. You can see the rest of this quote on the following thread, plus I provided two links to other threads, which have some great comments by members.

Freemasonry

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree GaMinister. I edited my post because I noticed I made a mistake in my typing. I wanted to reply just to make sure that my edit gets noticed.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaMinister
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GaMinister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do not join. My father-in-law was a freemason, and I learned enough from him to do some research on them. They will tell you that freemasonry will get you into heaven, no matter which "god" you believe in. Many of their "rituals" come straight out of Baal worship. There are MANY good books on the evils of freemasonry. Check out KINGDOM OF THE CULTS by Walter Martin. Also, check out the many books written by former freemasons who became Christians.
Bill

Posts: 4 | From: Georgia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at the link, and I agree that it isn't wrong to join freemasons. I didn't have a good feeling in my spirit when I read the post but I didn't know what freemasons really were.

I do still feel though that church functions are the best way to socialize with other believers. When I first read this post, I wondered if Jesus would be put first in the freemasons. I try to keep my focus on HIM and join nothing unless what I am doing/joining will some how be glorifying God at the same time.

I'm editing this because I just realized what I said above. I meant to say that I agree it IS wrong to join. Sorry for the typo.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://bibleprobe.com/freemasonry.htm

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea, but if it's a bar like many other clubs, I wouldn't recommend it. I don't believe that is where Jesus would have us hang out for socialization but there must be church functions going on around you. I would recommend fellowshipping in church functions where you can be taught, uplifted, and even be used to reach others.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

RioLion
unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am considering joining a Masonic lodge. It appears that it would provide me with a means to a social life and interaction with others that I currently do not have. In talking to them, I asked why some evangelical churches oppose the lodge as the Masonic lodge is not a religion but a frateral organization. One answer was simply that some misunderstand what the lodge stands for or that in some cases, it is a competitor to the church. I know Lutherans and Catholics deny their members the right to join such organization. Any comments?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement