Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Christ's letters

Author Topic: Christ's letters
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear brother PetriFB, brother I see that you are from Finland. I wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed your Topics. I read another one of yours completely and liked it a lot, and this ome is a little long but I read about 5 paragraphs of it.

This one was good, among others:
quote:
People of this world get many kinds of letters e.g. letters which are written in bitterness, letters which are written in envy, letters which have been written in the spirit of immorality, letters which have been written angrily, letters which have been written from the crafty heart, letters which have been written in spirit of sect, letters which have been written quarrel in the heart, friend's letters, praise letters etc.
While I believe no doubt that each of us is still a letter and hopefully the letter is followed by Jesus Christ in the case of Christians.

I say followed instead of led because I was surprised to read the other day that the shepherd follows his flock.

For 25 years of Christianity I had always thought the LORD led His flock, and I came to that opinion from Psalm 23, where it says, in my paraphrase of it, that "the LORD will lead me into green pastures and lead me by still rivers".

But then I read to my surprise the other day that the shepherd follows the flock and I thought, you know, that is true.

By following the flock, the shepherd, and the Good Shepherd, can see what is flock is doing.

If the shepherd were walking up ahead of the flock, the wolves would be grabbing lagging sheep.

But by following the flock, the shepherd can see everything, and the shepherd will fling a stone at a wayward sheep or with a whistle send his dog to bring the wayward sheep back into the flock, lest something bad befall it like eating a noxious weed.

The shepherd therefore follows the flock, and leads the flock by following the flock.

Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

The sheep that heed His warnings and come back into the flock will be letters co-written by the shepherd Yahshua-Jesus. But I say, co-written.

I love it that the LORD YHWH and the Lord Yahshua-Jesus allow us to participate in the whole process, though we mar what They could have written. Amen to that. Evenso, will people see Jesus now and then when they look at me? I hope so.

"For Pilate knew that the Jews had delivered Him for envy's sake"

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN
"a treasure in an earthen vessel"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetriFB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He who has been born again is God’s child and Jesus’ witness. Because God has set the seal of the Holy Spirit to everyone heart, who has born again. Like this of you the witness of Jesus becomes living and open letter, which all people reading, which you face and meet.

People of this world get many kinds of letters e.g. letters which are written in bitterness, letters which are written in envy, letters which have been written in the spirit of immorality, letters which have been written angrily, letters which have been written from the crafty heart, letters which have been written in spirit of sect, letters which have been written quarrel in the heart, friend's letters, praise letters etc.

You who are Jesus' witness, have you ever stopped to think, that what kind of letter are you? What people see in you when they read you? You are open letter, which all can see and read.

God affects love in you

Jesus Christ affects the love of the truth in His witnesses, joy in the Holy Spirit, forbearance as when your patience are tempted, friendliness in all situations, kindness which God affects, loyalty towards God and His word, meekness as when you are irritated and self-control as when you are hurt. Certainly you noticed that our flesh don’ town these features. Now you and I may have little problem, which God can only resolve.

We don’t have that ability and power, which would do of us Christ's letters, because in us is not such power, which would get us life accordance with message of the Bible. But God has made us who are in Christ able ministers of a new covenant, not of letter, but of Spirit. For the letter kills, Only the Spirit of God can make you Christ’s living letter and through the Spirit you can spread sweet smell of Christ there where you walk.

How you can be Christ’s letter to this world?

Because the Spirit of God showed you sin and righteousness and judgement through word of God. And because after that when you repented and received the salvation, you get power of the Holy Spirit according to God’s promise. Through the Holy Spirit you get power that you can be Jesus’ witness and Christ’s letter in this world. And Jesus Christ is your Saviour and Redeemer.

How the Holy Spirit affect in you godly life?

The Spirit of God kills your flesh in other words affect in you thus, that you don’t want to commit a sin. This means it, that the mercy of God affects in you through the Holy Spirit that you want reject ungodliness and worldly lusts, which sin causes. The Holy Spirit affect in you that you can live discreetly and righteously and godly in this world.

Apostle Paul teaches in 2 Cor 3 that in the service of the old covenant was also glory. When Moses got new tablets of the law and rose to the peak of Sinai mountain, in which he faced the Lord and the glory of the Lord. When Moses stepped down from Sinai he doesn't known that skin of his face had become luminous that's why, when he had spoken with the Lord. When all Israelites saw Moses they were afraid to draw near to him. Paul teach, that the service of the new covenant is much rather righteousness abounds in glory. For even that which has been made glorious in old covenant has not been made glorious in this respect, because of the surpassing glory of new covenant service. Nation of new covenant so has this kind of hope, which bears in us courage to serving of God.

2 Cor 3:12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech words.

Words plainness of speech are one word in Greek parrhesia. Parrhesia has extremely deep meaning in Greek language and word Parrhesia means boldness, confidence, openly, plainly, and boldly. Parrhesia means so courage, daring, trust, publicity and openness. So actually parrhesia means saying of all and courage to say it openly anything uncovered and that you don’t hide anything, but say things how they are.

The Holy Spirit affects in you courage and you don’t need to be afraid about people of this world. The Holy Spirit gives you courage to serve God in this world. The Holy Spirit affect in you assurance of the faith towards God. The Holy Spirit gives to you courage witnessing publicly to this world with words and acts. The Holy Spirit affect in you openness towards the word of God so that you don't conceal the truth of the word of God from this world.

God wants, that you speak and you live for love to the truth of the word of God. People of this world resist the truth of the word of God and for the sake of this you need courage affected by the Holy Spirit, so that you dare to prove about Jesus Christ to this world. This world god’s has built the world such that you need assurance of faith in The Holy Spirit towards God. And by that way you can serve God in this world, which hates truth of the gospel. But in the gospel is power, which change heart of the men, who are practising sins that they can start live righteous life. Jesus’ witness must live publicly righteously and to this you need help of the Holy Spirit. Jesus wants, that you do not conceal the truth of the gospel, but you live openly and expose all sins and lies and to this you need also help of the Holy Spirit. Jesus wants that your life bring glory to Him, for one of the task of the Holy Spirit in you is glorify Jesus Christ to this world.

Paul urge Jesus’ witnesses in 2 Cor chapters 3 and 4 that we don’t hide the gospel in the same way as Moses covered his face from Israelites. But also if our gospel is being hidden, it has been hidden in those being lost, in whom the god of this age has blinded the thoughts of the unbelieving, so that the brightness of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn on them. For we do not proclaim ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves your slaves for the sake of Jesus.

Hidden gospel can’t save anybody from the damnation, but uncovered gospel will save many people. Covers, which are in the hearts of the people, take away only through gospel of Jesus Christ. When people turn away from the darkness and sins, so then from their hearts is taken away cover. And only those believers, whose face having been unveiled, having beheld the glory of the Lord in a mirror, are being changed into the same image from glory to glory, as from the Lord Spirit. This means it, that you stretch out in your life of the faith such as has been written to the Bible, because then the word of God affects in you such as has been written. But if you cover your heart for the will of God, so then the word of God can't affect in you such as has been written. Bible teaches: if you believe to Jesus as the Scriptures said, out of his belly will flow rivers of living water, which change your life in accordance with God’s will. If you want to be such Christ's letter, which smells sweet in front of the mercy seat of the Lord, and in which the Holy Spirit borne fruits ripen and produce ripe crop, so then you will get die to your flesh and to watch the glory of the Lord with uncovered face.

May GBU all .......

Posts: 162 | From: Finland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement