Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Be renewed in prayer

Author Topic: Be renewed in prayer
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear PetriFB, thanks for this nice subject.

Another way how prayer starts up in a Christian is because that Christian has come to know the LORD God of Israel and has come to know His Son Yahshua-Jesus and has come to know the Holy Spirit of Israel.

That Christian realized at some point what a “goldmine s/he had” in the LORD God of Israel (“a treasure found in a field”) and (“a pearl of great price”) and that Christian begins to talk to Them on a regular basis, Amen? Because if the Living God is the LORD God of Israel, as I believe Him to be, then He is the Man to talk to on a regular basis, and that is called prayer.

Hosea 11
7 But My people are bent on backsliding from Me; when they called them to the most High, none of them would exalt Him.

8 How shall I give you up, Ephraim? How shall I deliver you, Israel?

Hosea 4
1 Hear the word of the LORD, O children of Israel; for the LORD has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land; for there is no mercy and no knowledge of God in the land.

16 For Israel slides back as a backsliding heifer…

17 Ephraim is joined to his idols; leave him alone.

6 My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you shall be no priest to Me; seeing you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children.

Prayer is a consequence of knowing who the LORD God of Israel is and who His Son Yahshua-Jesus is, and who the Holy Spirit of Israel is; a person who knows Them quite well will be talking to Them often. That is prayer.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetriFB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jari Iivanainen's teaching for the prayer has many good points.

Few passages about that teaching:

Do you know, that in the way of prayer can be hindrances, which prevent us to pray trustfully and permanently? For even though we would have received Christ into our life and got to be saved, so the beginning of prayer, trustfulness and perseverance in it is not always so simply, but sometimes in the way of prayer can come many futile hindrances.

Sometimes as a reason can be simply, that we don’t understand our right position before God, through Jesus. For even though Christ should be our righteousness, and through him we can approach God, so we don’t understand or internalise properly this important basic matter. Instead of that, we can stare all the time at ourselves and our imperfection, and therefore we don’t expect, that God would answer just our prayer. We expect that he indeed answers other, "holier people’s" prayers, but we ourselves don’t have this kind of trustfulness on this area.

Still as a hindrance in prayer can be wrong teaching, in other words for instance such matters as the direction of prayer and how many times we should pray. For if we have got wrong teaching on these areas, it can takes us to the futile false paths or at least to paralyse the whole prayer. If we namely forget God, to whom we pray, to be in heaven, or we think always, that only one prayer time is sufficient, so is possible, that our prayer slackens. It changes then its form and is left only a word among other words, which at all is not purpose.

We are indeed going to concern this important matter on the next lines and also that, how it is important to pray permanently. The purpose is, that we would learn to pray trustfully and permanently, and we could remove futile hindrances out of the way of prayer. If like this really takes place, praying is certainly easier than former.

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/renewinprayer

May GBU . . . .

Posts: 162 | From: Finland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement