Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Are these Gospel passages forgotten?

Author Topic: Are these Gospel passages forgotten?
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 5
45 That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven: for He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if you love them who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the publicans the same things?

47 And if you salute only your brethren, what more do you do than others? Do not even the publicans so also?

48 Be you therefore perfect, even as your Father who is in heaven is perfect.

45 That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven: for He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

He graciously made His sun to rise on the evil persons, and graciously sends rain also on the unjust. Love the just and the unjust, therefore, like the Father does and then we are "perfect" like the Father graciously does it.

But, "He who lives by the sword dies by the sword".

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Gospel" means "Good News" and refers to the fact that we have eternal life because of what Jesus has done (John 3:16).

The verses you mention are for our spiritual growth but are not "Gospel" verses.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 9 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that a lot of the moderate day Churches do not teach on anything that would cause someone not to come to a service.

Yes it seems these verses have been forgotten by the main stream, but the true born again believers have not forgotten them.

You will know the true believers by the fruit they produce.

[zzzzzz]

Seems that a lot of Church leaders are asleep, which in turn causes the people under their teaching to be sleeping also.

All I have to say is WAKE UP!

Yes good question, arunangelo.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Yes, MySavingGrace, you are so right:
quote:
To not hate somebody who mistreats us is very, very hard. Kindness is definitely not weakness.
Kindness is strength. How soon can I forgive? In 15 minutes? In 3 hours? In 6 hours? All those are good. I am forgiven, I can forgive quickly.

This is how it feels to be free.

God Elohim bless us all on this CBBS, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To not hate somebody who mistreats us is very, very hard. Kindness is definately not weakness.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Amen, brother Arunangelo, good Topic post. It's always good to be reminded.

May the LORD God of Israel bless us all on this CBBS, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus of Bethlehem-Judah, of the family of David, as Micah 5:2 foretold. {"I'm just fishin'")

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 1985 my dad moved in ou house because he had a stroke and mom had died earlier. He was depressed, bitter, and mean. He yelled at our 4 young children constantly.

One day I walked in a room just to see his cane high above some of their heads ready to strike. He stopped and cried. He needed EVERYTHING done for him. Some days I just got so very exhausted.

The day I was cutting his toe nails Our Lord spoke to me saying, "It is easy to love those who love you, but I command you to love your enemies. Your dad is your enemy right now so love him!".

Dad saw the tears streaming down my face and asked me what was wrong. I told him just....that I loved him.

After that day it was easier to care for dad.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arunangelo
Advanced Member
Member # 4981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arunangelo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We must love our enemy, do good deeds to those who hate us, bless those who curse us, and pray for those who mistreat us. If anyone hits us on one cheek, we must let him hit the other one too; if someone takes our coat, we must let him have our shirt as well. We must give to everyone who asks for something because God is good to the ungrateful and the wicked. We must be merciful, just as our Father is merciful (Luke 6: 27-36). We must remember that mercy triumphs over law (James 2; 13); and it is mercy, and not sacrifice that God wants (Matt. 12:7). We must walk an additional mile if the occupation forces ask us to walk one. We must not judge or condemn others (Luke 6; 37). We must not take revenge on someone who does us wrong. If someone takes us to court to sue us for our shirt, we must let him have our coat as well. We must walk an additional mile if the occupation forces ask us to carry their pack for one mile (Matt 5; 39-41). If anyone borrows something from us we must not ask for it back (Luke 6:27-30).

--------------------
God is love

Posts: 26 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement