Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Many are called but few are chosen

Author Topic: Many are called but few are chosen
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 20:16
So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

In the days of Old National Judah, many were called to be priests and kings unto Jesus, but only a few were chosen by 70 A.D.

In what way were they "chosen"?

Who was chosen? Those who believed that Jesus was the Messiah; only they were chosen; but all Israel had been called to be priests and kings unto the LORD.

In the context of modern time, many are called again, but only the Christians will be chosen and the house of Israel and the house of Judah will come up out of their graves, so they will be chosen too in modern time:

Ezekiel 37:12
Therefore prophesy and say to them, Thus says the Lord {YHWH} GOD {Adonai}; Look, O My people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

Isaiah 40:2
Speak comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry to her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she has received of the LORD's hand double for all her sins.

Isaiah 14:1
For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.

The strangers are the proselytes to the faith of Yahshua who are not originally from the house of Israel and from the house of Judah, Gentiles grafted in:

Romans 11
And if some of the branches be broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree.

25 For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, Out of Zion shall come the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

27 For this is My covenant to them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 For as concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Many were called of Israel and of Judah, but by 70 A.D., only a few had been chosen. But many more will be chosen when the graves open up.

So who are the people currently in the land of Israel then?

May the LORD God of Israel bless us all, I am BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement