Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The amazing King Hezekiah of Judah

Author Topic: The amazing King Hezekiah of Judah
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always marvel when I come across this prayer again which King Hezekiah made to the LORD when Rashakeh had blasphemed the LORD God of Israel.

It is amazing to me that King Hezekiah, who lived in the 700s or 600 B.C., understood the Creator better than a lot of modern Christians:

Isaiah 37:15-20 (KJV)
15 And Hezekiah prayed to the LORD, saying,

16 O LORD of armies, God of Israel, who dwells between the cherubims, You are the God, You alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: You have made heaven and earth.

17 Incline Your ear, O LORD, and hear; open Your eyes, O LORD, and see: and hear all the words of Sennacherib, who has sent to reproach the living God.

18 Of a truth, LORD, the kings of Assyria have laid waste all the nations, and their countries,

19 And have cast their gods into the fire: for they were not gods, but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them.

20 Now therefore, O LORD our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You are the LORD, even You only.

Hezekieh understood who the Creator was better than a lot of us, a living God who had just heard what Rabshakeh said.

Isaiah 40:28
Have you not known? Have you not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, faints not, neither is weary? There is no searching out of His understanding.

Alfred Edersheim wrote in his book, The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah that when a person really learns that there is a living God and that this living God holds absolute power, that person tends to cease from their own works, realizing that even every circumstance is coming directly from the LORD God of Israel, the living God, the Creator of heaven and earth.

May the LORD God of Israel bless us all, I am BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement