Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Is The Diety of Christ Biblical?

Author Topic: Is The Diety of Christ Biblical?
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 17 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without having read any of the other posts, I think that the Deity of Christ is proven in the Bible.

Doubting Thomas said, after Yahshua-Jesus said, "Thomas, put here your hand and be not faithless" {Jesus loves you, every heart that is breaking tonight"}:

John 20
27 Then said He to Thomas, "Reach here your finger, and look at My hands; and reach here your hand, and thrust it into My side: and be not faithless, but believing.

And Thomas's reply is good enough for me:

John 20
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, My LORD and My God.

And Isaiah also foretold that the Son would be called:

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

In the mouth of two witnesses of God shall a thing be estabilished, I believe John and Isaiah's testimonty regarding Yahshua-Jesus of Judah, born from the family of David.

May the LORD God of Israel bless us all on this CBSS, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus, whom even Judah and Benjamin and Levi called "kurios".

Bottom line: I believe John and Isaiah.

BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
John 2:19 - Christ says he will raise himself from the dead

Galatians 1:1 - says the Father raised him from the dead

Who is lying?

Something to think about.

Jesus said "I and my Father are one" (John 10:30).
Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
I know some will disagree

But if you don't beleive in the deity of Yashua The Messiah, then you ain't a Born Again of The Spirit - Child of God - Christian.

You are lost and just playing a game, a DEADLY game.

AMEN!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know some will disagree

But if you don't beleive in the deity of Yashua The Messiah, then you ain't a Born Again of The Spirit - Child of God - Christian.

You are lost and just playing a game, a DEADLY game.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daytimeson23
Community Member
Member # 5146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daytimeson23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick comment,

Isaiah 43:11 - says that JEHOVAH is the ONLY saviour

John 4:42 - says Christ is the Saviour.

Who is lying?

If God is lying then we cannot trust anything the bible says.

If Christ is lying then we have no saviour and will all be in hell.

OR

They are the same!

The same can be said of

John 2:19 - Christ says he will raise himself from the dead

Galatians 1:1 - says the Father raised him from the dead

Who is lying?

Something to think about.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received this in an Email from www.gotquestions.org today and thought it was Great, so I want to share it here:

Question of the Week:

Question: "Is the deity of Christ Biblical?"

Answer:
In addition to Jesus’ specific claims about Himself (see Is Jesus God?), His disciples also acknowledged the deity of Christ. They claimed that Jesus had the right to forgive sins - something only God can do, as it is God who is offended by sin (Acts 5:31; Colossians 3:13; cf. Psalm 130:4; Jeremiah 31:34). In close connection with this last claim, Jesus is also said to be the one who will "judge the living and the dead” (2 Timothy 4:1). Thomas cried out to Jesus, "my Lord and my God!” (John 20:28 ). Paul calls Jesus “great God and Savior” (Titus 2:13), and points out that prior to His incarnation Jesus existed in the “form of God” (Philippians 2:5–8 ). The writer to the Hebrews says regarding Jesus that “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever” (Hebrews 1:8 ). John states that, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word [Jesus] was God” (John 1:1). Examples of Scriptures that teach the deity of Christ could be multiplied (see Revelation 1:17; 2:8; 22:13 ; 1 Corinthians 10:4; 1 Peter 2:6–8; cf. Psalm 18:2; 95:1 ; 1 Peter 5:4; Hebrews 13:20), but even one of these is enough to show that Christ was considered to be deity by His followers.

Jesus is also given titles that are unique to Yahweh (the formal name of God) in the Old Testament. The Old Testament title “redeemer” (Psalm 130:7; Hosea 13:14) and is used of Jesus in the New Testament (Titus 2:13; Revelation 5:9). Jesus is called Immanuel ("God with us" in Matthew 1). In Zechariah 12:10, it is Yahweh who says, “They will look on me, the one they have pierced.” But the New Testament applies this to Jesus’ crucifixion (John 19:37; Revelation 1:7). If it is Yahweh who is pierced and looked upon, and Jesus was the one pierced and looked upon, then Jesus is Yahweh. Paul interprets Isaiah 45:22–23 as applying to Jesus in Philippians 2:10–11. Further, Jesus’ name is used alongside Yahweh’s in prayer “Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ” (Galatians 1:3; Ephesians 1:2). This would be blasphemy if Christ were not deity. The name of Jesus appears with Yahweh's in Jesus' commanded to baptize “in the name [singular] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19; see also 2 Corinthians 13:14. In Revelation John says all creation praised Christ (the Lamb) - thus Jesus is not part of creation (5:13).

Actions that can be accomplished only by God are credited to Jesus. Jesus not only raised the dead (John 5:21; 11:38–44), and forgave sins (Acts 5:31; 13:38 ), He created and sustains the universe (John 1:2; Colossians 1:16 -1:17)! This point is made even more forceful when one considers that Yahweh said He was alone during creation (Isaiah 44:24). Further, Christ possesses attributes that only deity can have: eternality (John 8:58 ), omnipresence (Matthew 18:20, 28:20), omniscience (Matthew 16:21), omnipotence (John 11:38-44).

Now, it is one thing to claim to be God or to fool someone into believing it is true, and something else entirely to prove it to be so. Christ offered as proof of His claim to deity many miracles and even rose from the dead. Just a few of Jesus' miracles include turning water to wine (John 2:7), walking on water (Matthew 14:25), multiplying physical objects (John 6:11), healing the blind (John 9:7), the lame (Mark 2:3), and the sick (Matthew 9:35; Mark 1:40–42), and even raising people from the dead (John 11:43–44; Luke 7:11–15; Mark 5:35). Moreover, Christ Himself rose from the dead. Far from the so-called dying and rising gods of pagan mythology, nothing like the resurrection is seriously claimed by other religions - and no other claim has as much extra-scriptural confirmation. According to Dr. Gary Habermas there are at least twelve historical facts that even non-Christian critical scholars will admit:

1. Jesus died by crucifixion.
2. He was buried.
3. His death caused the disciples to despair and lose hope.
4. Jesus' tomb was discovered (or claimed to be discovered) to be empty a few days later.
5. The disciples believed they experienced appearances of the risen Jesus.
6. After this the disciples were transformed from doubters into bold believers.
7. This message was the center of preaching in the early Church.
8. This message was preached in Jerusalem.
9. As a result of this preaching, the Church was born and it grew.
10. Resurrection day, Sunday, replaced the Sabbath (Saturday) as the primary day of worship.
11. James, a skeptic, was converted when he also believed that he saw the resurrected Jesus.
12. Paul, an enemy of Christianity, was converted by an experience which he believed to be an appearance of the risen Jesus.

Even if someone were to object to this specific list, only a few are needed to prove the resurrection and establish the gospel: Jesus' death, burial, resurrection, and appearances (1 Corinthians 15:1-5). While there may be some theories to explain one or two of the above facts, only the resurrection explains and accounts for them all. Critics admit that the disciples claimed they saw the risen Jesus. Neither lies nor hallucinations can transform people the way the resurrection did. First, what would they have had to gain? Christianity wasn't popular and it certainly did not make them any money. Second, liars do not make good martyrs. There is no better explanation than the resurrection for the disciples’ willingness to die horrible deaths for their faith. Yes, lots of people die for lies that they think are true, but no one dies for what they know is untrue.

In conclusion: Christ claimed He was Yahweh, He was deity (not just "a god" - but the True God), His followers (Jews who would have been terrified of idolatry) believed Him and referred to Him as such. Christ proved His claims to deity through miracles including the world-altering resurrection. No other hypothesis can explain these facts.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement