Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Tribe of Jacab

Author Topic: Tribe of Jacab
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah I know I realised what I posted after I got home and checked it.

sometimes I hurry and make real stupid mistakes.

greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear oneyearandcounting, I only found two entries, which said "tribes of Jacob" (with "tribes" plural):

Isaiah 49:6
And he said, It is a light thing that ou should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give your for a light to the Gentiles, that you may be My salvation unto the end of the earth.

Another form is the "house of Jacob", which occurs more frequently.

Isaiah 48:1
Hear this, O house of Jacob, who are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, which swear by the name of the LORD, and make mention of the God of Israel, but not in truth, nor in righteousness.

The title "house of Jacob" is used of both the ten-tribed house of Israel and the three-tribed house of Judah.

Since Jacob-Israel was the father of these 12 sons, they are ALL of the "tribes of Jacob" and of the "house of Jacob".

More frequently, though, the ten-tribed kingdom of Israel is called "the house of Israel" (they kept the national name "Israel") and the three-tribed kingdom is called "the house of Judah".

Those two occur much more frequently; but even there, one needs to pay close attention to whom those phrases refer to, because in Ezekiel I found some verses which clearly seem to refer to Judah but the title used is "house of Israel", probably because Judah and his companions Benjamin and Levi were also of the "house of Israel".

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok who is the tribe of Jacob. I mean Jacob became Isreal. SO when the two tribes are mentioned in the same verse who is the tribe of Jacob. I beleive I have the answer but I want to check it with some of you older Christians. I believe no sorry I feel that the Tribe of Jacob is the Christian Church.

"Wow Greg how did you come up with that." you ask?

"Simple," I say What did Jacob do he stole Esuas birth right if stealing is the proper word to use. Just like us Christians have gotten part of Israel inheritence.

This is why you can see both Jacob and Isreal in the same verse at thwe same time.

God bless

greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement