Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » reasons to be of good cheer

Author Topic: reasons to be of good cheer
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reasons to be of good cheer.

Matthew 9:2
And, look, they brought to Him a man sick with the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus, seeing their faith said to the sick with the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.

Mark 6:50
For they all saw him and were troubled. And immediately he talked with them, and said to them, Be of good cheer: it is I; don’t be afraid.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Acts 23:11
And the next night the Lord stood by him and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as you have testified of Me in Jerusalem, so must you also bear witness at Rome.

Acts 27:22
And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man's life among you, except the ship.

Acts 27:25
Therefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God that it shall be even as it was told to me.

Acts 27:36
Then they were all of good cheer, and they also took some food.

When they were of good cheer, they had a BBQ.

These are some of the reasons why we can be of good cheer, if we believe that the LORD Jehovah's Son Yahshua-Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judah, as Micah 5:2 predicted:

Micah 5
2 “But out of you, Bethlehem Epratah, though you be little, yet out of you shall He come forth who shall be ruler over Israel forever”.

The Lord Yahshua-Jesus was raised in Nazareth but He was born in Bethlehem of Judah:

John 7:42
But don't the scripture say, that Christ comes of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

Luke 2
4And Joseph {and Mary} also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judah, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David)

5To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being very pregnant with child.

6And it was, that, while they were there {in Bethlehem of Judah}, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered {of her baby}.

7And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and she laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them at the inn.

8And there were in that same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flocks by night.

9And, look, the angel of the Lord came down upon them, and the glory of the LORD shone round about them: and they were very afraid.

10And the angel said to them, Don’t be afraid: for, look, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11For unto you is born this day, [b]in the city of David, a Savior who is Christ {which is Greek for the Messiah}, the Lord {the kurios}.
Good tidings of great joy and be of good cheer. His Son the Greater David is coming again to Jerusalem.

May the LORD God of Israel bless all of us on this BBS, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus of Bethlehem of Judah.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement