Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Have we accepted Jesus' saving grace?

Author Topic: Have we accepted Jesus' saving grace?
Godbehere
Advanced Member
Member # 4187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Godbehere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two of my study bibles indicate that these versus (Matt. 25:31-46) are referring to a judgement of non-Jews living during the tribulation, a separate judgement from the Great White Throne judgement.

We are saved by faith alone (Rom 10:9), but a person who has no desire to help others may want think about the sincereity of their professed faith.

--------------------
---------
Carl

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face:now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Posts: 50 | From: FL | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arunangelo
Advanced Member
Member # 4981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arunangelo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never said, " if you do not work, you don't get into heaven. In (Matt.25:31-46) Jesus tells us that those who do not respond to the needs of others will not enter heaven. Obviously, if we have true faith, we will help others. As far as people who are infirm, who can't physically help others, their desire to help and their prayer for the needy would bring great help to the needy, because, in their desire and their prayers for others, they are accepting God's graces for the needy.

--------------------
God is love

Posts: 26 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad,

My grandmother had the same disease I have. When I was a teenager she got to the place that she could not leave home. I remember her saying how she was useless to God. I reminded her that she was a prayer warrier. Even those who can't get out of their house can be used by God.
I am not able to do as much as I used to and believe me there are times, I feel worthless. But, God in His love open doors for me to work for Him.
So, in answser to your question, God can even use those who are bedridden. I am blessed that I can still get out. I can still walk though with a cane and not as fast as I used to.
[Smile]

God bless and keep you,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

At the final judgement our entry into heaven is dependent on how we helped (which is doing)those in need (Matt.25:31-46) [/QB]

In this statement, I interupt it that youre saying, if we dont work we dont get into heaven.

What about people in nursing homes, hospitals, etc that cant do works, that cant get out and help people? What if a person get convicted and saved one Sunday morning and then sadly gets killed in some kind of accident?

Just so you know, I m not mad or trying to be hateful.

Brad

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arunangelo
Advanced Member
Member # 4981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arunangelo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that we are not save by our works. I am pointing out what James 2: 17 says"So that faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead". In other words, to have faith in Jesus is to believe in His way of life and live like He does. He emptied Himself for people who hurt and killed Him. Therefore, if we truly have faith in Him, we would do likewise.

--------------------
God is love

Posts: 26 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad,

You are so right, works will not save us. I think sometimes people get confused because a relationship with God is like a marriage. The closer you become to your mate the more you want to do for them, out of love not responsibility. We do not earn our salvation with works; our works come out of our love for God. In some religions, works are more important than love, but the Bible says without faith it is impossible to please God. Why are some Christians less workers than others? Simply because there are babes in Christ and have not taken up their responsibilities as a child of God. Did not Paul complain to the Church that there were Christians who should have been on meat who were still bottled fed? He did not tell them they were not saved, only that they had refused to grow up.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by arunangelo:
Faith of itself, if is does not have works is dead faith (James 2:17), because, faith in God is to believe in Him and to do His works. Similarly, works not done without faith (in God) are worthless (Psalm 127, 1), because, works that are not God’s do not have eternal value.
True faith is to believe in Jesus' way of life by wanting and making an effort to live it.

At the final judgement our entry into heaven is dependent on how we helped (which is doing)those in need (Matt.25:31-46)

What kind of church do you attend? Because I dont know what Bible youre quoting but the KJ version says nothing close to what you just stated.

In the book of John alone, it s mentioned roughly 100 times by believing in Jesus you are saved.

So, you re saying I have to work my way into heaven? IF this true why doesnt it say you have to believe in Jesus and work? Why doesnt it say you have to believe and teach sunday school, preach, give out tracts, visit the sick, feed the poor, etc etc etc.

Its a free gift. Jesus already paid for it. Jesus already suffered for it. Jesus died for it. All you have to do is accept.

Esp. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith: and not that of yourselves: it is the gift of God.

Esp 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast

Read John 3:16, I dont think I need to write it out.

I like this one too.

John 10:28 And I unto give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; never shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 10:25-26.

Just so you know, I work on the bus ministry. I go out of visitation. I help out during vacation Bible school. I just got back from Peru on a missions trip, where we gave out 30,000 tracts and 5000 Bibles. But even though I do all this stuff, faith is what saves me. Our God is an awesome God. [clap2]

God Bless you all.

Brad [Cross]

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arunangelo
Advanced Member
Member # 4981

Faith of itself, if is does not have works is dead faith (James 2:17), because, faith in God is to believe in Him and to do His works. Similarly, works not done without faith (in God) are worthless (Psalm 127, 1), because, works that are not God’s do not have eternal value.
True faith is to believe in Jesus' way of life by wanting and making an effort to live it.

At the final judgement our entry into heaven is dependent on how we helped (which is doing)those in need (Matt.25:31-46)

--------------------
God is love

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But if you TRUELY believe with your heart

Are TRUELY born again bt The Spirit of God.

If Christ TRUELY lives in you:

Then Christ WILL live THRU you,

Works WILL and MUST happen as a result of Christ living in us, that's HIS nature.

Christ IS NOT going to abide in someone and leave them unchanged.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear arunangelo, you write
quote:
This belief is not in mere words, but in doing the Father’s will (Matt.7: 21).
When the words come from the mouth, they must also be believed in the heart, and that does not necessarily involve doing the Father's will to love one another.

This is between a sinner and the Lord, and the sinner does this:

Romans 10:9-10 (King James Version)
9 That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.

Romans 10:9 says nothing about doing the Father's will as in your requirement?

arunangelo wrote
quote:
This belief is not in mere words, but in doing the Father’s will (Matt.7: 21).
Where is that in Romans 10:9?

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arunangelo
Advanced Member
Member # 4981

We are saved from sins by Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross (Luke 22: 19-20). We accept His saving grace by believing in it (Romans 3: 25). This belief is not in mere words, but in doing the Father’s will (Matt.7: 21). Jesus wills that we love one another as He has loved us (John 13:34). Jesus loved us by compensating for the sins, which we committed against Him. He compensated for our sins by emptying Himself completely. Have we accepted His saving grace if do not empty ourselves completely in the process of helping those who hurt us?

--------------------
God is love

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement