Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Paul's letter

Author Topic: Paul's letter
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks BA for adding that. Sometimes I just like to look at the simple things in the bible because it seems like a lot of the sins we commit are usually based on the simple scriptures that we either choose to over look or we just hear them so much that we forget that we need to be careful in these areas or we take them for granted and those are usually the areas we fall.

Hi J4. I'm back in school and this quarter the homework is very intense so it keeps me busy. Usually we get less work because the school's main focus is on developing a relationship with Christ through prayer more than academics but with new teachers I don't think each one realized how heavy our work load is from others. I am surviving it though. [Big Grin] I try to get ahead with my homework but this year when I get ahead, more is given. [Eek!]

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Carmela, been a while.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carmela:
Here I see that we don't only reap what we sow, but what we reap is more intense. From wind to a whirlwind. As Paul was writing this, I got a sense that he wasn't only writing it but he was writing it as a wake up call to the people. If we put our name in it and personalize it, it can apply to each of us today also. Sometimes I put my name in the places where it says they or ye or whatever to get a better understanding of Paul's words on a more personal level.

This is why I like Paul's sermons so much - he really reaches the heart of everyone of us. We can get 'up close and personal' with all of his teachings.

Great post Carmela! [Smile]

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear sister Carmela, you write
quote:
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Hosea 8:7
7 For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.
(KJV)

Here I see that we don't only reap what we sow, but what we reap is more intense.

That was good. When applying that to the original scripture:

8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Corruption's result will be more intense than what we sowed in the flesh, but the Spirit's result will also be more intense and abundant than we sowed in the Spirit. [thumbsup2]

As the wind reaps the whirlwind, so the spirit reaps the Spirit.

BORN AGAIN by the [Cross]

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading Galatians 6:7-18 recently so I thought I would include it here and see what you have to say to add to it or comment on it. Plus, I think it's a good and a more simple bible study that everyone can enjoy.

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

I was assigned this scripture and I had to teach it to my class today. I really enjoyed studying this although I am not to keen on having to teach. [Big Grin] I was VERY nervous. I thought I would be use to it by now but I wasn't. [Wink]

Hosea 8:7
7 For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.
(KJV)

Here I see that we don't only reap what we sow, but what we reap is more intense. From wind to a whirlwind. As Paul was writing this, I got a sense that he wasn't only writing it but he was writing it as a wake up call to the people. If we put our name in it and personalize it, it can apply to each of us today also. Sometimes I put my name in the places where it says they or ye or whatever to get a better understanding of Paul's words on a more personal level.

9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

1Co 15:28 And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all.

10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

1Ti 6:18 that they do good, that they be rich in good works, that they be ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

Hos 10:12 Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap according to kindness; break up your fallow ground; for it is time to seek Jehovah, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.
Hos 10:13 Ye have plowed wickedness, ye have reaped iniquity; ye have eaten the fruit of lies; for thou didst trust in thy way, in the multitude of thy mighty men.

We see here that we need to be very careful. We need to break up the bad ground that is within us and make it fertile soil again so that God can use us. I think one of the emphasis I like here is how we are to treat each other as it says in Gal. 6:10. It says especially people in the household of faith. I can think of times when I saw a Christian that I just couldn't seem to get along with. It's been a while since this has happened to me, but I was reflecting on it as I studied this verse. Any time I gossip, put others down publically or in my heart, pray God's wrath on someone...the list goes on and on, I'm sowing that into my own life and that isn't something I want to do. It definitely opened my eyes up to keep a closer watch of all of my actions for now on. I think this is one of the many things that I know but I have failed at times and I think it's one area we tend to fall in and often not even notice it right away.

11 Ye see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.

I believe Paul said this to emphasize to the people how important his message is to them. I believe he is saying WAKE UP and see. I care enough to write you in big letters and to write this myself, personally. I didn't send someone else to do it because this is an important message that you need to look at. At first I thought it was just how I was reading it, but then I noticed there was an exclamation mark that showed his emotions when writing this to them.

12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

Rom 6:6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with him, that the body of sin might be done away, that so we should no longer be in bondage to sin;

It isn't about the circumcision of the flesh, it's about the heart. The Jews got circumcised because they were told to, but their hearts were not right with God. We need to circumcize our hearts and make sure that our hearts are right with God and that we purge out everything that isn't of Him if we want to move forward and closer to Him. If our hearts are not right, we aren't any better then those that don't know Christ which it basically says in verse 15.

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

We shouldn't boast about ourselves, only boast on Christ Jesus.

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Gal 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith working through love.

This is important enough that it's repeated.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Rom 9:6 It cannot be said that God broke his promise. After all, not all of the people of Israel are the true people of God. (CEV)

17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
(KJV)

We need to check our hearts daily and make sure we are on the right path with God.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement