Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Equality Act (H.R. 5) bad for Christians

Author Topic: Equality Act (H.R. 5) bad for Christians
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 2 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May 7, 2019

Dear Mr. Gainer,

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to the Equality Act (H.R. 5). It is an honor to represent the people of the 10th District of Michigan and I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

I believe that no one, regardless of their gender identity or sexual preferences, should be discriminated against, by our laws or otherwise. However, I share your concerns that H.R. 5 would have too many far-reaching unintended consequences.

For instance, I am concerned federal funding provisions of the bill would prevent certain non-profits – such as adoption and foster care agencies – from obtaining funds they need to continue operations. These non-profits serve critical functions in their communities and depend on this funding. H.R. 5 would also open up employers to lawsuits, empowering trial lawyers without solving true discrimination issues. For these reasons, I do not support this bill.

Rest assured, I will keep our shared concerns about H.R. 5 in mind should it come before me in the House of Representatives for a vote.

Thank you again for contacting me on this issue. To stay up to date on my work in Congress, sign up for my newsletter at mitchell.house.gov, like my Facebook at facebook.com/RepPaulMitchell, or follow my Twitter @RepPaulMitchell. Please do not hesitate to contact me again in the future on any issue.

Sincerely,

Paul Mitchell

Member of Congress

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement