Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Bible is important guide for our nation

Author Topic: Bible is important guide for our nation
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had almost the same thing happen me. It really makes one feel really, really bad.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble
Advanced Member
Member # 11022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noble     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have taught and studied on the Church, and how we are the Church [Ecclesias] (gathering) if WE are the Church we must be missing a few bricks. In so many [most I might say]gatherings, the Gospel is no longer taught, It may be inferred or referred to. but not expounded on.
Many years ago when I first moved to North Carolina from Levittown Pa, My boss, at that time, and I would ride to prospective projects and on the ride we would discuss many things. This last ride [ it would turn out]he asked me specific questions on the Bible , Salvation , the Afterlife, and I gave short snippy answers not really in depth discussions and answers he was actually seeking. Later in the month he was diagnosed with advanced multiple mylomia, and would soon die. He did belong to a very liberal local Church and evidently they did not feed him with the Gospel either. When He died, at the service as I sat and listened to Khilbran and other new age writers but not the Bible, I sat and cried. He was desperately seeking, and I gave him no food, no water, he died and then what? Vanity, Vanity all is vanity, a chasing after the wind. I vowed never to put off what needed to be said.

Posts: 81 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When people start realizing the Church is not the building, but knowing Jesus Christ. Not the hype of religion, but actually knowing Jesus Christ not just what some man in a pulpit is telling you to believe.

People are so lost and follow everything but the truth.

Very good video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXGyWWTVeoQ#t=16

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble
Advanced Member
Member # 11022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noble     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this day in age, the "Christian" is tacitly standing with head bowed and arms akimbo, allowing the world to dictate what the life terms are. How sad when the 'Christian' is told not to read the Bible, not to Pray, not to tell others of Jesus, and this 'Christian' does what he/she is told for fear of upsetting others.
The Church has abdicated it's primary position of standing for the Gospel, and teaching in authority, the whole Bible. When do we, the Church, reclaim that authority?

Posts: 81 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the words of Woodrow Wilson, 28th president of the United States of America: "The Bible is the one supreme source of revelation of the meaning of life, the nature of God and spiritual nature and needs of men. It is the only guide of life, which really leads the spirit in the way of peace and salvation. America was born a Christian nation. America was born to exemplify that devotion to the elements of righteousness, which are derived from the revelations of Holy Scripture."

Psalm 119: 105 - "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."...

Click here and let people know you believe this.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement