Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » 9/11 coloring book, "We Shall Never Forget"

Author Topic: 9/11 coloring book, "We Shall Never Forget"
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
The Jesus I know would never give a child or an adult a coloring book advocating killing your enemies...

but along with your other gospel, you have another Jesus....2Cr 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

I agree.

You know, becausehelives, I hate Islam and what it has done to the Arab and Persian people. I have no tolerance for Islam but I love the Arabs and the Persians. In this day I think we are seeing the kingdom of Islam being dismantled before our eyes. It started long ago but it was punctuated in Iran 2 or 3 years ago when the government and religion colluded against the people and spoiled their elections. They proved that they were as corrupt as the western governments they decry on a daily basis. This unrest has spread to almost all the Middle East.

I am watching for the salvation of the Arabs and Persians.

Lastly, the idea that they "hate our freedom" is an invention of OUR politicians. As if, somehow, they are so enraged because we have widescreen televisions and a 24 hour news cycle...voting, etc. If one would examine the Arab culture (even before the advent of Islam around 635 AD) they would see a culture whose framework is patriarchal and family-centered. A culture in which the fathers and grandfathers pass down their wisdom to the next generation... a culture in which names mean something and so it is an honor to receive the name of one's father, and his father, and his father, etc. We laugh at the long trail of funny-sounding names thinking it to be archaic and inefficient. To them, it is the sound of honor and legacy passed from generation to generation.

In the United States we promote a generation of one... an orphan mentality. And each successive son or daughter is charged with "making a name for himself". Here, there is no deep sense of legacy or honor as we joke about spending our children's inheritance thinking that "self-sufficiency" is an admirable quality. We celebrate "independence" and then wonder why our children will not listen to us. Imagine, if you will, foreigners coming into your house and promoting the idea that your children no longer have to obey you. How much would you tolerate that? This is what they see when the U.S. promotes their version of "freedom".

Mark my words, the gates of Hell cannot prevail against the truth of Christ. Islam will fall just like every other kingdom that sets itself up against the Most High. And when Christ breaks through to the Arabs and the Persians (this has already begun) those people will embrace the Kingdom much more readily than a country that revels in "independence" and "rights". Their people know what it is to obey their father and they value the wisdom of their elders. When Islam is cast off and Christ put on they will be, historically and culturally, more readily prepared to walk in His ways than will citizens of a country whose way of life is independence and whose inception includes rebellion against a king. For the Kingdom of God has a King. Our culture promotes the idea that all kings are to be avoided but the Arabs and the Persians see "kings" in their fathers and elders.

Aaron

Theres just to much error in this to even respond.

Start another thread on how you love the Moztecs.

This post is about a historical coloring book for kids regarding 911 that has a PG rating..

That means the Parent Guides as it should be.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Jesus I know would never give a child or an adult a coloring book advocating killing your enemies...

You are a small and twisted man to think that is what it does.

The Kids’ Book of Freedom’ is “designed to be a tool that parents can use to help teach children about the facts surrounding 9/11.

Have you not read,

Romans 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

AND

Nehemiah 4:17 They which builded on the wall, and they that bare burdens, with those that laded, every one with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a weapon.

You two knuckle heads shur don't know The Word Well, sad.

My Jesus is THE WORD!

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Psalms 40:7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

NEXT!

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote this in 2007 long before the "Arab Spring".

The scriptures are quite clear on one issue: God’s salvation unto eternal life is a gift given to the whole world without exception.

Isa 45:22 "Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.

And most of us can quote John 3:16 from memory: “For God so loved the world…etc.”

But in this era of suicide bombings, Al-Qaeda terrorism, and unscrupulous political maneuvering at the sake of truth it is easy to forget that God’s gift of life is also extended to the Arabs. Yet, the Arab muslims seem so dominated by the enemy it’s a wonder how they could possibly be reconciled to the Father through Jesus Christ.

Some may wonder: Do the scriptures say anything about the salvation of the Arabs?

The answer is, “yes”. And I believe the scriptural truth is especially important to those already counted among the family of God so that they do not fall into the enemy’s trap of racism and prejudice.

First, let us examine a scriptural reference to the power of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus is walking with Simon Peter and the disciples. The disciples say to the Lord, “Hey, a lot of people say you’re a lot of things like a teacher, a prophet or even John the Baptist or Elijah!” The conversation continues:

quote:
Mat 16:15 He (Jesus) said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Mat 16:16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Mat 16:17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

The last part is the part I want to emphasize. Jesus said, “Upon this rock (The declaration that Jesus is the Son of God) I will build my church and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it!”

Now, this has been translated as “Christians can stand against the onslaught of the enemy (Satan) no matter what!” While this is true, we are empowered to stand against the enemy’s schemes, this is not the verse to reference. Namely, because gates do not attack anybody. Gates are meant to keep people guarded…to keep them inside of a pen or a city.

There are two Kingdoms at work in the world. One is the kingdom of the enemy. This kingdom is called the “kosmos”. The kosmos describes the systems and powers constructed by the enemy. The intent of this kingdom is to keep people enslaved, either willingly or unwillingly, under the power of Satan.

The second kingdom is the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ. This Kingdom is an eternal kingdom with systems and powers as well but the difference is the Lord Jesus Christ is ruler over this kingdom, not the enemy. The intent of this kingdom is to rescue those who are enslaved by the powers of evil and darkness and to give them eternal life.

Now, when we see the nature of these two kingdoms something obvious becomes apparent: the kingdoms are not compatible with one another. To put it more succinctly: they are at war with one another and oppose each other in every area. Where one seeks to enslave and dominate people the other seeks to give people freedom and abundant life. I don’t want to go much further on this issue…it is enough to know that these kingdoms are opposed to one another.

Now, around kingdom strongholds, typically a major city, there are walls. Within these walls there are gates. These gates represent the “life flow” of the city. One cannot go into or out of the city except through the gates. Commerce and trade, diplomacy, food, etc. all flow through the gates. These are vital thoroughfares through which the kingdom maintains itself. They are so vital it is said that if one possess the gates of a city one possess the entire city. In times of war, when one city warred against another, the gates of the besieged city were often the focus of the invading army. They knew that if they could take the gates the city would be theirs.

So, “gates” in the scripture above is a reference to the war between the two kingdoms. And when Jesus says “the gates of Hades will not prevail against me” He’s saying that His Kingdom and the work of His Kingdom (rescuing and saving people) cannot be held back by the enemy’s strongholds. Jesus will prevail as He works to save people from the enemy’s stronghold!

quote:
Col 1:13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love…
Now, what is true is that all men begin their lives on earth entrapped behind the strongholds of the enemy. They are, effectively, behind the gates of darkness. The enemy dominates our thinking, sin is just a way of life, and the things of God are of little or no concern to us. However, when one becomes a Christian, when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and accept His sacrifice as payment for our sins, we are rescued from the enemy’s hold. “I once was lost but now I am found” as the familiar hymn goes.

What is true is that the enemy could not keep us in darkness as the Lord’s authority pursued us. The gates of the enemy could not prevail against the work of our Lord. So, by the Lord’s power, we ended our citizenship in the Dark Kingdom and began our citizenship in the Eternal Kingdom and it is in this Kingdom, the Kingdom of God, the believers reside.

So, what does this have to do with the Arabs? Currently, the vast majority of religious Arabs are followers of Islam: a religion that has, at its center, a god called Allah. Without going into much detail here it is important to emphasize one thing: Allah is not the Christian God. There are many differences but for the sake of this message we’ll just leave it at that.

Muslims do not worship the Christian God; they worship a false god…a god of the earth. They worship a god that is contrary to the Christian God. What I’m saying is this: they are currently behind the gate of the enemy. They are behind the gates of the kingdom of Darkness.

But…

But, we know that the gates of Hades shall not prevail against the power and authority of Christ!

So, we can be certain that the Lord will make inroads into the lives of the Arabs trapped behind the gates of Hell. He will make inroads and rescue them!

Did you know that such a reality was foretold in Biblical prophesy?
Let’s examine some verses: first we’ll find the Arabs in scripture and second we’ll find what the scriptures say about them.

quote:
Gen 25:13 And these were the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations: The firstborn of Ishmael, Nebajoth; then Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam…
This is the lineage of Ishmael...the son born of Abraham and the slave woman Hagar. Because he was born of the slave woman Hagar, Ishmael had no right to Abraham’s inheritance. Ishmael and Hagar were cast away from Abraham and Sarah but God still promised to make them a “nation” or more specifically, a distinct people.

quote:
Gen 21:18 "Arise, lift up the lad (Ishmael) and hold him with your hand, for I will make him a great nation."
The offspring of Ishmael are the people we call “Arabs” today. The scripture notes that Nebajoth and Kedar are the first and second born sons of Ishmael.

In chapter 60 in the book of Isaiah the prophet Isaiah sees a vision of the end of the age wherein the Lord is glorified and His Kingdom is realized by all men. As a prophet, Isaiah completely expected the things he saw in visions to come true. I think some Christians today are apt to doubt that Biblical prophesy, if yet fulfilled, will be fulfilled. Anyway, Isaiah had no doubt that what he received from God would eventually become reality in time.

So, in the 60th chapter, verse 7, he records this:

quote:
Isa 60:7 All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together to you,
The rams of Nebajoth shall minister to you;
They shall ascend with acceptance on My altar,
And I will glorify the house of My glory.

This did not happen in Isaiah’s lifetime. Nevertheless he wrote about it here fully expecting it to happen. So, what is this verse saying? It says the first and second born sons of Ishmael (figuratively a large number of Arabs) will be accepted at the alter of our Lord Jesus Christ. In order to be accepted at the alter of Our Lord one has to be of the kingdom of our Lord. This is the salvation of the Arabs spoken of in the scriptures.

Currently the majority of Arabs are enslaved behind the gates of the enemy. But, we can be sure, because God said it would be so, that a large number of them will be rescued and be counted among the inhabitants of our Lord’s kingdom. Like the ecclesia before them (all who are called by God) they will receive eternal life. The gates of Islam will fall under the power and authority of our Lord and many Arabs will worship Christ as their Lord and Savior.

In this day the blood of terrorism and war cover the land of Ishmael’s people as they do the bidding of the enemy. But the Lord will finish what He showed Isaiah many years ago. And when He does it I think it will be so simple and complete that we who are looking for it will marvel at our Lord’s wisdom and power.

So, brothers and sisters, pray for the offspring of Ishmael. Pray for all who are held by the enemy behind gates of Islam. I believe their salvation is coming. Perhaps it is at hand.

Bless you,
Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

but along with your other gospel, you have another Jesus....2Cr 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

I agree.

You know, becausehelives, I hate Islam and what it has done to the Arab and Persian people. I have no tolerance for Islam but I love the Arabs and the Persians. In this day I think we are seeing the kingdom of Islam being dismantled before our eyes. It started long ago but it was punctuated in Iran 2 or 3 years ago when the government and religion colluded against the people and spoiled their elections. They proved that they were as corrupt as the western governments they decry on a daily basis. This unrest has spread to almost all the Middle East.

I am watching for the salvation of the Arabs and Persians.

Lastly, the idea that they "hate our freedom" is an invention of OUR politicians. As if, somehow, they are so enraged because we have widescreen televisions and a 24 hour news cycle...voting, etc. If one would examine the Arab culture (even before the advent of Islam around 635 AD) they would see a culture whose framework is patriarchal and family-centered. A culture in which the fathers and grandfathers pass down their wisdom to the next generation... a culture in which names mean something and so it is an honor to receive the name of one's father, and his father, and his father, etc. We laugh at the long trail of funny-sounding names thinking it to be archaic and inefficient. To them, it is the sound of honor and legacy passed from generation to generation.

In the United States we promote a generation of one... an orphan mentality. And each successive son or daughter is charged with "making a name for himself". Here, there is no deep sense of legacy or honor as we joke about spending our children's inheritance thinking that "self-sufficiency" is an admirable quality. We celebrate "independence" and then wonder why our children will not listen to us. Imagine, if you will, foreigners coming into your house and promoting the idea that your children no longer have to obey you. How much would you tolerate that? This is what they see when the U.S. promotes their version of "freedom".

Mark my words, the gates of Hell cannot prevail against the truth of Christ. Islam will fall just like every other kingdom that sets itself up against the Most High. And when Christ breaks through to the Arabs and the Persians (this has already begun) those people will embrace the Kingdom much more readily than a country that revels in "independence" and "rights". Their people know what it is to obey their father and they value the wisdom of their elders. When Islam is cast off and Christ put on they will be, historically and culturally, more readily prepared to walk in His ways than will citizens of a country whose way of life is independence and whose inception includes rebellion against a king. For the Kingdom of God has a King. Our culture promotes the idea that all kings are to be avoided but the Arabs and the Persians see "kings" in their fathers and elders.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 14 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/outside-the-lines-911-coloring-book-seeks-to-tell-kids-truth-about-terrorism.php

-

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement