Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » ***** UK REVIVAL IS BREAKING OUT *******

Author Topic: ***** UK REVIVAL IS BREAKING OUT *******
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do Christians Live On Easy Street?

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=38;t=000442

Christian Hedonism

http://thechristianbbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=53;t=000457

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We do not promote the prosperity gospel preachers on this message board. You may not teach this false gospel. There will be no warning from here on, you will be removed from this message board. This is not debatable.

http://www.thechristianbbs.com/rules2.html
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prosperity Gospel is a sensitive subject in America because since the 80's there has been a group of Ministers who preach a claim and grab it teaching.
There is nothing wrong with asking God to provide for us, but God is not Santa. We cannot give Him a list of goodies and expect Him to bring it.
The Bible does not promise that Christians will be rich. I am glad your Pastor is focused on the lost and not on money. Sadly this is not the case with many Preachers who live very rich lives off the elderly and poor.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davedg33
Community Member
Member # 8719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davedg33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides Roy and his wife don't concentrate on money. They pay all bills up front and leave the offerings to the end of meetings. They are about bringing revival to the body of Christ. And they don't come with fancy clothes on and jewelery. Thats not their focus.
Posts: 17 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davedg33
Community Member
Member # 8719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davedg33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you disagree with what is biblical. God can prosper you when you give to the work of God. And God is moving mightly, Because the fruit of my life has changed. I have turned from my wicked ways to serve Christ and He is all i think about. If you get bent out of shape about healing, prosperity ect, you will never recieve any of it from God.
Posts: 17 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read the statement of faith from Run With Fire Ministries. I agree with it except for this part:

FURTHER WORKS OF REDEMPTION

The death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ not only secured the eternal redemption from sin, but also redemption from sickness and disease and redemption from poverty and lack. Divine Healing has been provided for by the Atonement. It is for the physical ills of the human body and is wrought by the power of God through various methods and means detailed within the Word. Divine Prosperity has also been provided by the Atonement. True prosperity not only has to do with financial provision but a prospering of the soul as well. It is wrought by the power of God through the principle of tithes and offerings, sowing and reaping and numerous stewardship truths found throughout the Word.

Isaiah 53:4-5, I Peter 2:24, I John 2, II Corinthians 8:9

http://www.runwithfire.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=127&Itemid=100

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe God still heals.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by davedg33:
I had healing in my legs, because couldnt stand or kneel for long periods but now I can

And?

[cool_shades]

Where is the Blood of Christ in this?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davedg33
Community Member
Member # 8719

I had healing in my legs, because couldnt stand or kneel for long periods but now I can
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Dave,
Thank you for sharing. God bless you.
betty

--------------------

Chrispy0515
Advanced Member
Member # 8717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chrispy0515         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think most of us here DON'T live in England Dave, and if you ask a lot of the church goers in the U.S. they would claim the same thing is going on at their church too. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Taking Things One Day At A Time.

Posts: 38 | From: Tampa, Fl | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davedg33
Community Member
Member # 8719

Now on Tuesday night day 11
davedg33
Community Member
Member # 8719

NOW the 10th night

Bristol, England Meetings Go Into Week #2

WATCH IT LIVE ON MONDAY NIGHT

Something wonderful has taken place in Bristol, England that we did not see coming. Tonight we go into Day 10 already. All plans have been changed to fit the current move of God right now. Each night the worship is lasting close to 3 hours and the people's expectations are at an all time high for God to move. The Pastor says he can feel faith rising in his church as well as the visitors. Stay tuned by way of internet to watch the meetings live. RUN WITH FIRE MINISTRIES is committed at every expense it may cost the ministry to pursue the voice of the Lord. Please pray as we seek God concerning these meetings. So far, the last meeting Monday is at 7:00pm London Time / 2:00 EST USA Time. Don't miss it.

http://www.carmelcentre.org/live/

Address if you are near is:
Carmel Christian Centre
816a Bath Road
Brislington
Bristol

God only moves to the degree that you hunger and thirst after Him so tune or come along and worship Him.

davedg33
Community Member
Member # 8719

Bristol, England Meetings Go Into Week #2

WATCH IT LIVE TONIGHT

Something wonderful has taken place in Bristol, England that we did not see coming. Tonight we go into Day 8 already. All plans have been changed to fit the current move of God right now. Each night the worship is lasting close to 3 hours and the people's expectations are at an all time high for God to move. The Pastor says he can feel faith rising in his church as well as the visitors. Stay tuned by way of internet to watch the meetings live. RUN WITH FIRE MINISTRIES is committed at every expense it may cost the ministry to pursue the voice of the Lord. Please pray as we seek God concerning these meetings. So far, the last meeting tonight is at 7:00pm London Time / 2:00 EST USA Time. Don't miss it.

http://www.carmelcentre.org/live/

Address if you are near is:
Carmel Christian Centre
816a Bath Road
Brislington
Bristol

God only moves to the degree that you hunger and thirst after Him so tune or come along and worship Him.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement