Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » How can muslims tolerate this? God will judge them severly!

Author Topic: How can muslims tolerate this? God will judge them severly!
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can not understand such behaviour because these decisions are made from the deepest parts of the inherited sin nature in each human being.

These people are so wrapped up in their sin and rejection of God that they think these things are just fine and pefect.

Not all of them, just some of them.

We can not understand their way of thinking, NOR WOULD I WANT TO, because we are lead to think with a divine nature, which is granted through faith in Jesus Christ, our lord and saviour.

The only thing we can do is pray for these people and that God ministers unto their heart.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Islamic judge's decision rules that the man can't have sex with his 8-year-old bride until she reaches puberty. What will he do with her until then, play board games with her or teach her how to knit a suicide belt?
-------------
Even if he doesn't hurt her, she will have no childhood, nor choice in her future.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saudi Judge Upholds ‘Marriage’ Of 8-Year-Old Girl

Mohammed, the founder of Islam, established a marriage contract with a girl named Aisha who was six. He consummated his marriage to her when she was nine.

Andrea Lafferty

A Saudi Judge just refused to annul a "marriage" between an eight-year-old girl to a 47-year-old man! Welcome to the 7th Century! The judge says she can file a divorce petition when she hits puberty. Fat chance that will ever get approved. A Saudi man, however, can divorce his wife easily. All he has to say is "I divorce you" three times and it's done.

Under the strict Wahhabist theology of Saudi Arabia, women and girls are considered property. This girl was given to the man by her father to settle a debt! I suppose he could have given the man a cow or a goat, but why not his precious daughter? After all, she's worth about as much as a goat in Wahhabist thinking.

Did her mother have any say in whether or not her husband could give away their daughter? No. A mother isn't considered a legal guardian under Wahhabist theology. She has no rights either.

Oddly enough, Saudi Arabia has signed an international agreement that bans child marriages, but apparently this "marriage" slipped through the theological cracks.

The Islamic judge's decision rules that the man can't have sex with his 8-year-old bride until she reaches puberty. What will he do with her until then, play board games with her or teach her how to knit a suicide belt?

The practice of forcing children into marriage is common in Islamic cultures. In fact, Mohammed, the founder of Islam, established a marriage contract with a girl named Aisha who was six. He consummated his marriage to her when she was nine. We have names for such men and in our Judeo-Christian culture, we put them in jail.

So, giving a girl away to pay a debt, seems to be okay in Saudi Arabia. After all, if Mohammed could get hitched up with a 6-year-old girl and have sex with her at 9, how can such practices be wrong in Islam? He set the standard. The Saudis are just living out their 7th century faith. Of course, such practices don't seem very enlightened in the 21st century. In fact, like much of Wahhabist Islam, this is downright barbaric.

As a mother of a precious 5-year-old, I am sickened by this – so much for protecting the innocence of a child.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement