Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » George Tiller Killed

Author Topic: George Tiller Killed
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evil is so well established in this world....

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
I will probably get some flack for this, but when I heard about this, my first thought was Mr. Tillian's Church is not right with God.

No flack from me. I agree.

The USA needs to stop people from murdering these innocent helpless babies. I don't think he should have been killed, but I sure think he should have been in jail with a life sentence for the 1000's of murders he commited. He was just a legalized serial killer, maybe he would have thought it over and repented, but not a chance of that now. [Frown]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

You deserve no flack for speaking the truth! I agree... what kind of a "church" welcomes this sin instead of addressing it? Sad.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drew,

Thank you. It is too late to pray for Tillan, but we can pray for your Church.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
I will probably get some flack for this, but when I heard about this, my first thought was Mr. Tillian's Church is not right with God. This man made a living killing babies that were full term and yet the Church did not deny fellowship with the Church to him.
Apostle Paul talked about a person in the Church who was living in sin and how to discipline this person.
I believe that the Pastor should have talked to the man and if he refused to listen then to take two brothers from the Church who are strong in the Lord and talked to him and if he refused to listen the Church should have voted him out of the Church.

Yes that is harsh. But it is harsher to allow this man to think he was right with God and now he is dead and it is too late for him to make his relationship right with God.

This Church failed this man.
betty

Excellent point Betty!!!

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no flack here Betty...I can't believe any true Church allowing an abortionist to be a member...

the scripture says to separate from murderers and the like...

Yahweh is a Holy God...

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will probably get some flack for this, but when I heard about this, my first thought was Mr. Tillian's Church is not right with God. This man made a living killing babies that were full term and yet the Church did not deny fellowship with the Church to him.
Apostle Paul talked about a person in the Church who was living in sin and how to discipline this person.
I believe that the Pastor should have talked to the man and if he refused to listen then to take two brothers from the Church who are strong in the Lord and talked to him and if he refused to listen the Church should have voted him out of the Church.

Yes that is harsh. But it is harsher to allow this man to think he was right with God and now he is dead and it is too late for him to make his relationship right with God.

This Church failed this man.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you Bro;

What a precious hymn you shared, to bless the heart.

The Father's arms around us and though we have a bit to travel yet, praise God we are going Home.

Going home. Going home. I'm a-going home.
Quiet-like some still day, I'm just going home.

It's not far, just close by, through an open door.
Work all done, cares laid by, Going to roam no more;

Mother's there expecting me, Father's waiting, too.
Lot's of folks gathered there. All the friends I knew.

2) Morning star lights the way, restless dream all done.
Shadows gone, break of day, real life just begun.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;
Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.

Going home. Going home, I'm just going home.
It's not far, just close by, through an open door.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 8 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh to go home...everyday my heart grows more homesick .... Drew God bless you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYFwZvCulyI&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideosearch%3Fhl%3Den%26ie%3DUTF-8%26q%3DHEAVEN%2527S%2520SOUNDING%2520SWEETER%26sa%3DN%26tab%3Dwv%26u&feature=player_embedded

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
Drew I wept as I read this post....

hate breeds hate...

Christians will probable get the blame for this monstrous act...

I feel so emotional for all the victims involved in this...

the babies that were aborted, the girls or women that would have been mother, the doctor that was killed, his family and friends, the murderer and his family and friends, and the world looking on....

Father forgive them they know not what they do....

Amen Bro!!!

All I feel is a deep and abiding sadness, and a desire to turn my back on Sodom and go Home.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drew I wept as I read this post....

hate breeds hate...

Christians will probable get the blame for this monstrous act...

I feel so emotional for all the victims involved in this...

the babies that were aborted, the girls or women that would have been mother, the doctor that was killed, his family and friends, the murderer and his family and friends, and the world looking on....

Father forgive them they know not what they do....

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

One of the primary providers of late term abortions was shot and killed at church this morning. George Tiller's clinic is in Wichita, KS.

It is terrible that abortion is legal.

It is terrible that this man killed thousands of babies who were the same age as those surviving in Neo-Natal care units.

It is terrible that this man was shot and killed.

http://www.kansas.com/

WICHITA - The suspect in this morning's fatal shooting of George Tiller is in custody, according to emergency dispatchers.

Authorities have yet to release more information about the arrest. Wichita police have scheduled a 4 p.m. news conference to discuss the case.

Tiller, 67, was shot just after 10 a.m. in the lobby of Reformation Lutheran Church at 7601 E. 13th, where he was a member of the congregation. Witnesses, a city official and a police source confirmed Tiller was the victim.

Police had said they were looking for white male who was driving a 1990s powder blue Ford Taurus with Kansas license plate 225 BAB. The vehicle is registered to an owner in Merriam, which is in the Kansas City area.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement