Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » 'Gay'-marriage barrage: 'Follow the money'

Author Topic: 'Gay'-marriage barrage: 'Follow the money'
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caretaker, California's Marriage Amendment is now part of California's constitution. From what I understand, the only way it could change is through the initiative process. Any appeals to a Federal judiciary would likely meet with the same conclusion as California's Supreme Court(which is not to say the Supreme Court won't ever take up an issue dealing with marriage and homosexuality)[/i].

It wouldn't surprise me to see Obama and democrats try something. This push to give homosexuals extraconstitutional rights and protections is really alarming. It trumps and destroys basic freedoms like speech, conscience, and parental and religious rights.

Too many people don't realize redifining marriage will lead to severe consquences. By allowing homosexual "marriage", you necessarily have to allow other forms including polyamorous, polygamy, incest, pedophilia, and bestiality. Ultimately this kind of thing devalues, deconstructs, and destroys marriage and family. And it leads chaos and confusion and the collapse of a civilization. Then there is the idea that governement should get out of marriage altogether which may be as equally destructive.

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With Obamanation in control, could the California Supreme Court have their ruling overturned by the US Supreme Court?

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you might have heard, the California Supreme Court ruled on Prop 8 and it was good news, bad news. It was an odd ruling because it half upheld and half struck down marriage. The court upheld the traditional marriage amendment, but it was strange because they also allowed the same-sex "marriages" that were performed in the months before the election to stay. The fight to save marriage isn't over.
Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen!

I'm afraid this "blessing" might come in the form of "humbling" from God. God is merciful, but He won't be mocked either. I trust He knows what He is doing to turn the hearts of America back to Him.

Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people. (Proverbs 14:34)

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I pray God will turn our nation back to Him. Sometimes a blessing for the nation is not what it needs. Until our nation puts God back as number 1 and not just one of the gods it serves then we as a nation will continue to spiral out of control.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found myself yesterday, as we all prayed for this nation, asking myself why should God bless this country?? The sin is great and seems to be spreading like gangrene.

We still must take a stand in prayer and with our voices. we still must stand for what we believe.

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds" (2 Cor 10:4)

10-4?

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 9 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maine became the fifth state in the U.S. to legalize same-sex marriage this week when Democrat Gov. John Baldacci signed the bill less than an hour after it cleared the legislature.

Click to read entire article

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement