Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Inaugural Prayer to the God of Our Many Understandings!

Author Topic: Inaugural Prayer to the God of Our Many Understandings!
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we dare neglect salvation in Jesus Christ then we have automatically accepted the mark of the beast.
---
this is not the mark of the beast but you are right about one thing, without salvation through Jesus Christ, a person is doomed to hell.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Said! We as people in general are marching in uniform beat of utopian of another nature. If we dare neglect salvation in Jesus Christ then we have automatically accepted the mark of the beast. There is only one way to God and that is through Jesus Christ (John 3:16)

The final minutes of mans way is ticking. Wake up and see the passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Romans 10:8-10) (2 Thess 1:8-9) (Romans 3:23) (Romans 6:23) (Rev. 3:20)

You must be born again by the washing and renewing of yourself through Jesus.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inaugural Prayer to the God of Our Many Understandings!
By Jan Markell

The Obama administration and America are heading into treacherous territory. There are certain kinds of behavior that seem to anger God more than others and at this point, America is already on shaky ground. President-elect Obama has asked V. Gene Robinson, the openly gay Episcopal bishop of New Hampshire, to deliver the invocation at a pre-inaugural event this Sunday on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

Bishop Robinson said he had been reading inaugural prayers through history and was "horrified" at how "specifically and aggressively Christian they were." He states, "I am very clear that this will not be a Christian prayer, and I won't be quoting Scripture. The texts I hold as sacred are not sacred texts for all Americans, and I want all people to feel that this is their prayer."

Robinson said he might address the prayer to "the god of our many understandings," language that he said he learned from the 12-Step program he attended for his alcohol addiction. I'm sure that will please God and He will pour out His blessings upon this nation. Actually not.

God-hating nations have a short shelf life. I am not suggesting that one prayer means we are a nation that hates God. But inaugural events reverberate around the world, literally. All civilized nations are watching these events one way or another. God has blessed America abundantly. He has kept us safe since 9/11. It seems to me that activities that revolve around the highest office in the land should acknowledge that. At this point we do not even know if Rick Warren will do so. I pray he does.

The root of America's problems today are not social or even financial. They are spiritual. Too many in this great nation have told God to take a hike. Is it any wonder we are facing problems that are economic, weather-related, crime-related, immorality-related, and, well, you fill in the blank?

Romans 1:28 - 31 states, "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God. . ."

Robinson is not a friend of God. He is ashamed of the gospel and uncomfortable praying a "Christian" prayer though the entire world may be watching.

Matt Barber, Director of Cultural Affairs with Liberty Alliance Action and Liberty Counsel, states, "It is a shame that President-elect Obama apparently has so little regard for his Christian constituents that he would give such a high place of honor to a self-styled man of God whose only claim to fame is that he abandoned his wife and children to enter, loudly and proudly, a sexually deviant lifestyle expressly condemned by the very Bible he's ironically calling 'holy and sacred.' "

Barber continues, "Gene Robinson is little more than a radical homosexual activist in a clergyman's clothing. In fact, his heretical rebellion against God's express natural order, coupled with his selfish refusal to surrender his pulpit, has almost single- handedly devastated the U.S. Episcopal Church."

It is doubtful that God's wrath was taught at Trinity United Church of Christ. Obama was not informed that there are consequences when we are in God's face. Yes, this is a bone thrown to the gay community to heal their wounds at the selection of Pastor Rick Warren, but it is a dangerous one. God and His Word will not be mocked.

Matt Barber concludes and rightly so, "As Gene Robinson prays for Barack Obama on Sunday, I would encourage all Bible- believing Christians to pray for him. Pray for his wife and children he left for a lie. Pray that he will repent, 'go and sin no more,' bringing others with him to the salvation only Christ can offer -- a salvation our nation and world so desperately need."

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement