Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Minister Intimidated Not To Run For Public Office In Louisiana

Author Topic: Minister Intimidated Not To Run For Public Office In Louisiana
Ministerhandy12
Community Member
Member # 7039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ministerhandy12   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the correct website for Chris Handy http://www.chrishandyformarshal.homestead.com
Posts: 8 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ministerhandy12:
Rev. Chris Handy wants to be elected Monroe City Marshal this fall. He says when word of his intentions reached the current Marshal- Wince Highshaw- a campaign of intimidation began. Chris Handy says the city of Monroe needs serious changes in the city marshall's office.

Handy just announced his campaign tonight but says threatening phone calls and acts of vandalism intended to force him from the race have already begun. Chris Handy: "I announce my candidacy for city marshal". When Monroe voters visit the polls next October Chris Handy wants them to elect him Monroe Marshal. He tells us, "I believe we need change.

A while back when one of the deputies, the chief deputy was arrested". Handy is referring to an incident that occured in mid May. Robert Cherry the chief deputy for the Monroe City Marshall's Office was arrested wearing his uniform, charged with possession of marijuana, illegal possession of a firearm, not using a turn signal and resisting an officer.

Chris Handy: "It gave a bad reflection on the Marshall's office and the leadership". Handy says not long after he decided to run for marshall he received a phone call from the city's current marshall- Wince Highshaw. The phone call transcript: "Handy, this is Highshaw, I called you on yesterday which is June the 9th. Today is June the 10th around 11:20.

I would think all I've tried to do for you and tried to help you that you would be more loyal to me but uh, it's very important that you call me if you, if this is what you want to do, you know it's a free world and uh you can do what you want to do but I think it's very important that you call me because I got something that I need you to see I can get you a copy if you'd like me to but it's very important that you call me. Real important. Bye".

Chris Handy: "So I called him back". Handy says Highshaw told him if he ran against him he would be sorry. Chris Handy: "He had some type of file or letter that he would produce that would destroy me". We contacted Highshaw and he admitted leaving Handy the message but when asked about the alleged intimidation he responded with a no comment.

Handy says Marshall Highshaw had plenty to say when they spoke. Chris Handy: "He called me a fool, said that I was stupid". Handy says the telephone call wasn't the only method of intimidation. He was out late Tuesday night placing campaign signs all over the city. He got home late that night went to bed, got up on Wednesday morning, found someone had thrown dozens of eggs at his truck.

Chris Handy: "I felt that it's intimidation with the phone calls, the egging and I think that it's probably going to get worse'. Chris Handy has never run for office before but he already knows how to make big campaign promises. He says if elected marshall in October he'll give up 25 to 30% of his annual salary if it can be given instead to the men and women who work at the Monroe City Marshall's office.

Courtesy of Region10 News

For more information: KNOE-TV News Chris Handy website: http://www.chrishandyformarsh...

(edited for easier reading) Spacing long stories keeps people interested.

imho

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ministerhandy12
Community Member
Member # 7039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ministerhandy12   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev. Chris Handy wants to be elected Monroe City Marshal this fall. He says when word of his intentions reached the current Marshal- Wince Highshaw- a campaign of intimidation began. Chris Handy says the city of Monroe needs serious changes in the city marshall's office. Handy just announced his campaign tonight but says threatening phone calls and acts of vandalism intended to force him from the race have already begun. Chris Handy: "I announce my candidacy for city marshal". When Monroe voters visit the polls next October Chris Handy wants them to elect him Monroe Marshal. He tells us, "I believe we need change. A while back when one of the deputies, the chief deputy was arrested". Handy is referring to an incident that occured in mid May. Robert Cherry the chief deputy for the Monroe City Marshall's Office was arrested wearing his uniform, charged with possession of marijuana, illegal possession of a firearm, not using a turn signal and resisting an officer. Chris Handy: "It gave a bad reflection on the Marshall's office and the leadership". Handy says not long after he decided to run for marshall he received a phone call from the city's current marshall- Wince Highshaw. The phone call transcript: "Handy, this is Highshaw, I called you on yesterday which is June the 9th. Today is June the 10th around 11:20. I would think all I've tried to do for you and tried to help you that you would be more loyal to me but uh, it's very important that you call me if you, if this is what you want to do, you know it's a free world and uh you can do what you want to do but I think it's very important that you call me because I got something that I need you to see I can get you a copy if you'd like me to but it's very important that you call me. Real important. Bye". Chris Handy: "So I called him back". Handy says Highshaw told him if he ran against him he would be sorry. Chris Handy: "He had some type of file or letter that he would produce that would destroy me". We contacted Highshaw and he admitted leaving Handy the message but when asked about the alleged intimidation he responded with a no comment. Handy says Marshall Highshaw had plenty to say when they spoke. Chris Handy: "He called me a fool, said that I was stupid". Handy says the telephone call wasn't the only method of intimidation. He was out late Tuesday night placing campaign signs all over the city. He got home late that night went to bed, got up on Wednesday morning, found someone had thrown dozens of eggs at his truck. Chris Handy: "I felt that it's intimidation with the phone calls, the egging and I think that it's probably going to get worse'. Chris Handy has never run for office before but he already knows how to make big campaign promises. He says if elected marshall in October he'll give up 25 to 30% of his annual salary if it can be given instead to the men and women who work at the Monroe City Marshall's office. Courtesy of Region10 News
For more information: KNOE-TV News Chris Handy website: http://www.chrishandyformarsh...

Posts: 8 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement