Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Is Barack Obama a Man of Destiny?

Author Topic: Is Barack Obama a Man of Destiny?
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.raptureready.com/rap16.html

Now that Barack Obama has locked up the Democratic party nomination, I figure it's time for me to give my assessment of this candidate. In May, I reported that John McCain was a troubling choice because of his unease with evangelical Christians.

After doing some research on Obama, I am very troubled by the possibility of him becoming president. The outcome of an Obama presidency could be so dire, conservative Christians may have to rethink the problems they have with John McCain.

Despite all the media hype about Obama being a great leader, I find him to be an empty suite. While serving as an Illinois state senator for eight years, Obama voted “present” 130 times instead of taking a definitive stand on the issues at hand.

His record in the U.S. has been equally unimpressive. There is a very funny YouTube video of Texas Sen. Kirk Watson being unable to recall a single legislative accomplishment made by Obama. You can view it here: YouTube Link

One only needs to compare the difference between both candidates’ websites to see that Obama lacks substance: JohnMccain.com vs. Barackobama.com. McCain’s site presents a stand on most issues, while Obama’s domain is mostly vacant.

The key to the Illinois senator's success seems to be the constant repetition of simple feel-good platitudes that lull listeners into a sense of trust and induce in them a yearning to believe.

What voting record Obama does have would indicate he has a strong left-wing bias. National Journal, in its ratings of the votes of the members of the Senate, found that the most liberal senator in 2007, even beating out Ted Kennedy.

Most troubling about Barack Obama is his association with people who hate Israel. His circle of friends includes ex-President Jimmy Carter, billionaire George Soros, retired general Wesley Clark, and Congressman Neil Abercrombie. All are severe critics of Israel, and have worked to erode support for Israel in America.

Obama has a lot of lesser-known friends who are radically anti-Semitic. He has an association with Columbia University professor Rashid Khalidi, who has made repeated statements supportive of Palestinian terrorism.

In his piece, "Palestine: Liberation Deferred," Khalidi suggests Israel carried out "ethnic cleansing" of Palestinians; writes Western powers backed Israel's establishment due to guilt of the Holocaust; laments the Palestinian Authority's stated acceptance of a Palestinian state "only" in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and eastern sections of Jerusalem; and argues Israel should be dissolved and instead a bi-national, cantonal system should be set up in which Jews and Arabs reside. During documented speeches and public events, Khalidi has called Israel an "apartheid system in creation" and a destructive "racist" state.

Ali Abunimah is a Chicago-based activist for Palestinian causes. Abunimah once told a reporter about an inquiry he made to Barack about why he is not pressing harder for Palestine issues. "Obama said, 'Hey, I'm sorry I haven't said more about Palestine right now, but we are in a tough primary race. I'm hoping when things calm down I can be more up front.' ...He referred to my activism, including columns I was contributing to the Chicago Tribune critical of Israeli and US policy, 'Keep up the good work!'"

Terry and I firmly believe that George W. Bush has brought God wrath an America by twisting Israel's arm on several occasions. If Obama should become the 44th president of the United States, we fear the beginning of a much greater disaster for America, Israel, and the rest of the world.

"I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee" (Gen 12:3).

Events may not start out as diabolic as some people fear. In January 2009, Obama is not going take the oath of office, put on a turban, and then command the American people to submit to the god of Islam. The American presidency does not come with that type of power.

I suspect Barack Obama will seek to be productive by seeking to promote a peace plan between the Arabs and Israel. As far as a negative role, I think he can do the most damage by simply sitting on his hands. Israel has plenty of enemies at the ready to attack it. The only thing holding them back is the fear of a reprisal from Uncle Sam. Having a guy in the White House expressing his disinterest in defending the Jewish state would be the only assistance they need.

This election will be very critical to Bible prophecy. Rapture Ready has traditionally been very cautious about anything that hints of setting a timeline. Because an Obama presidency would be so productive to prophetic progression, I think it would be neglectful on my part to not acknowledge the possibility of him being a man with an end-time destiny.

"So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled" (Mat. 24:33-34).

Todd

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement