Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Dr. Adrian Rogers--A Gentle Giant

Author Topic: Dr. Adrian Rogers--A Gentle Giant
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rogers' Family Statement

At this time of grief, the Rogers family – Mrs. Joyce Rogers; Steve & Cindi Rogers, and their daughter, Renae Rogers; Mike & Gayle Foster, and their sons, Michael & Adrian Foster; David & Kelly Rogers, and their sons, Jonathan & Stephen Rogers; and Bryan & Janice Edmiston, and their children, Angela Luce, and Rachel, Andrew & Breanna Edmiston – would like to thank all who have offered prayers, sent expressions of love and kindness, and given practical help on behalf of our family during these days. We are also especially grateful for the wonderful team of doctors, nurses, and other medical staff, who have given the very best of their time, knowledge, and creative energy, in order to preserve the life of our beloved husband, father, and grandfather, and minimize his physical pain.

Although we had all maintained hope up to the very end for a miraculous restoration of his health, we are comforted in the knowledge that he is now resting in the presence of his Lord and Savior to whom he dedicated his life and ministry on this earth. We cling to the assurance of God’s grace, as He, in His infinite wisdom, has determined the right timing of his homecoming.

On various occasions, he had proclaimed: “when my time comes, don’t be sorry for me; I’ll be kicking up gold dust on the streets of glory.” Shortly after being admitted to the hospital diagnosed with cancer-induced pneumonia, he stated “this is a win-win for me,” indicating his confidence that, whether God chose to heal him or not, he was in his hands. Among the last words that he uttered before being hooked up to the ventilator which inhibited his speech during his last days were “I am at perfect peace.” His favorite Bible passage was Romans 8:38-39: “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

His last days, spent in the hospital on artificial ventilation, were marked by an unusual sense of spiritual strength and serenity. He maintained his positive attitude and sense of humor up to the very end. Even during this time, in which he was unable to communicate verbally, we all felt his deep love for us. Moments before undergoing intubation, he wrote a note containing the words “I love you!” and the names of his four children and their spouses, his nine grandchildren, and his first great-grandchild, Marianna Rose Luce, born on November 14th. A second note expressed his love for his wife, Joyce, who later commented: “In all our life together, there was never a day that passed that he did not say 'I love you.'"

We, although deeply saddened by our loss, are at the same time profoundly grateful for the many years of happiness we have been blessed to share with this wonderful prince of a man named Adrian Rogers.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was one of my favorite Preachers. He stood strong for Jesus.

Now He is standing with Him in Heaven!!!!

Plow on, plow on....
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no - this brings tears to my eyes. I saw him preach last Sunday and he still had that powerful voice for God. Maybe it was an old tape.

I didn't realize he had cancer. The body of Christ has lost a great warrior for His cause.

Certainly will be praying that God will wrap his loving arms of comfort around his wife Joyce and family.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Earlier today a noble warrior and a great leader laid aside his armor and went home to be with our Lord. After a battle with cancer, Dr. Adrian Rogers died this morning of double pneumonia. In the little over two years that I have been at the helm of FRC I have had the privilege to go many places, meet many people and do many things, but one of the moments that remain special to me was the second simulcast that FRC produced from Belleview Baptist Church in Memphis, Tennessee, where Dr.

~

-

~
Adrian Rogers pastored for 33 years. I distinctly remember the feeling of standing with a giant in the faith, whose voice I had listened to for years, as I stood with Dr. Rodgers and two other champions of the faith, Dr. James Dobson and Chuck Colson. In the months following that event I had the opportunity to spend some time with Dr. Rodgers, and the only way I can describe him is as a gentle giant. His thundering voice captivated millions as he stood uncompromisingly for the truth and led untold numbers to the cross of Jesus Christ.

Yet I've watched him as he took the time to express genuine interest in those he did not know as they shared with him matter of importance to them. He was one that made you feel good to be in his presence. I always found him positive, affirming and full of joy.

There is no doubt that the joy of the Lord was his strength, and as a result of his life we are all stronger in our faith. Please join me in prayer for his wife Joyce and his entire family during this time of loss.

http://www.sbcbaptistpress.org/bpnews.asp?ID=22069

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement