Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Exceptions?

Author Topic: Exceptions?
JohnnyB
Advanced Member
Member # 3574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnnyB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You both present good cases, thanks for your comments. I personally am undecided concerning the subject. Medicine such as Paxil CR also alters brain and neurological functions but if someone is impaired in those areas is it wrong to take it? The point is that those using Medicinal Marijuana are in an impaired state and that the Medicinal Marijuana would stabilize that state. Aspirin and every other form of medication (excluding placebos - in the sense of a direct influence) alters your biological state, but is only to be used if your state is abnormal. The problem being that Marijuana would possibly be easier to obtain by drug addicts etc... As well as the argument that it would lead to a full legalization of Marijuana which I am doubtful of, but you never know.

Concerning that of Cancer: Cancer is a very complex subject when speaking of causes, cures, and even distribution of Funds to support cancer cases. Doctors are still very unsure of what exactly causes cancer (as a whole, many things may cause cancer that no one knows of as of yet) Some great books are: "Cancer Scam: Diversion of Federal Cancer Funds to Politics, By Jas T. Bennett and Thomas J. Dilorenzo." "The coming Plague: Newly emerging diseases in a world out of balance, by Laurie Garrett." and "Toxic Scare: The Truth Behind the Cancer Scares, By Elizabeth M. Whelan."

Much of what we eat and take as synthetic medicines may cause cancer. All Information below I have gotten from my good friend Dr. David B. Hogsed.

Endocrine system disruptors (man made chemicals (synthetics) that mimic hormones, or block hormones from working proper): Pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides, birth control pills, fat soluble hormones in meat and dairy, DDT, chemical compounds from plastics, cosmetics and perfumes, foaming agents in soap and detergents.

Most of these listed can be absorbed through the skin. Birth control pills can produce HRT which is more dangerous for those in menopause. Many of these listed, having once entered the body, do not leave without special treatment. Due to use of these substances such as Birth control, cosmetics and perfumes, flame retardant was found in some women's breast milk when tested.

1.1 billion pounds of pesticides are used in your foods every year.

Today it's hard to go any where and get vitamins or supplements that are not synthetic. So what's wrong with synthetic vitamins and supplements? They usually contain far more of a vitamin than could be obtained in actual foods (ex. 6000% RDA of vitamin B1). Many are derived from non-food sources such as coal tar (ex. synthetic B vitamins).

The FDA is constantly passing and withdrawing approval on new synthetics. Doctors do not have time to properly study the effects of Synthetics before they are pushed onto the shelves.

In 1998 Premarin was the number one prescribed drug in the U.S. with an estimated 46,759,000 prescriptions filled. Here is a list of the side effects: Abdominal cramps, abnormal vaginal bleeding, bloating, blood clots, breast swelling, and tenderness, depression, dizziness, enlargement of benign uterine tumors, fluid retention, gallbladder disease, hair loss from the scalp, increased body hair, migraine headaches, nausea, sex drive changes, yeast infections, and excessive weight gain. Induced Nutritional deficiencies; The vitamin b-complex, magnesium (essential for adrenal functions).

Here is what used to be "True" according to the FDA - Hormone pills effective against heart disease (associated press. August 15, 1996). Hormones answer for high cholesterol in Women (Fort Myers news press. September 22, 1997). Hormones may aid cancer fight (the Associated press.) and Estrogen boosts brain power (Family Circle February 1, 2001).

Yet in 2000 Estrogen was on the cancer advised list (New York Times December 16, 2000). "All forms of the hormone estrogen. Including those used in birth control pills and in hormone replacement therapy for post menopausal women, should be included on the government's list of cancer-causing substances, a panel of scientific advisors said yesterday."
"But, panel members and other doctors said the recommendation does not imply that women should avoid hormones. They emphasized that the addition of progesterone eliminates the risk of uterine cancer. And for many women, doctors say, the benefits of estrogen far outweigh a small potential increase in breast cancer risk." See also the Associated Press April 3, 2002. Time Magazine, April 2001. National Cancer Institute's statement on Estrogen for 1990. and Gannet News Service, May 28, 2003.

My point being we are in a crazy day of synthetics and the truth is that people don't really know how it effects the body.

--------------------
It is dangerous for God to give high truth to highly educated people. There is a danger that in the furtherance of that truth it becomes mixed with an alloy of human wisdom. It pleased God on that first Christmas morning to give high truth to humble men, even shepherds in the fields.

Posts: 43 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have NEVER used drugs EVER. But, I do believe it should be allowed in some medical cirumstances. I have heard that it helps cancer patients with nausa when taking chemo and I think they should be allowed with a doctors prescription.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISITjhn423
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No

Because Marijuana changes the serotonin levels in the brain, the brain chemicals are being altered thus you are altering the natural state of the brain. Recent studies shows that Marijuana does not kill brain cells, it just alters them for a short while. Plus i don't really agree that smoking coming out of our mouths is what God made the human body for. Plus marijuana contains carcinogens, which is known to increase chances of lung cancer. I don't think it is God's plan that we all die of lung cancer.

As ironic as this sounds, this is coming from someone who used to smoke major amounts of high grade marijuana, stuff more potent than the medicinal marijuana.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnnyB
Advanced Member
Member # 3574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnnyB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all, I don't see many using this portion of the message board. I believe it is important for Christian's to be involved in political issues. I believe that if Christians do not get involved in politics that they have no right to complain about the status of our government, state, or country. It reminds me of people that go to church and complain that the childrens ministry isn't very good, or the church needs to be kept up. If we see something wrong we shouldn't complain about it or find another church. We need to get in and help where we can. Christians withdraw from politics and wonder why they are losing political battles on abortion, public prayer etc. Christians withdraw from hollywood and wonder why the industry has gone to the gutter. Maybe because Christians have wanted nothing to do with politics or hollywood.

Anyway, I opened this topic to address the issue of whether or not medicinal Marijuana should be legalized. What are your thoughts on this?

--------------------
It is dangerous for God to give high truth to highly educated people. There is a danger that in the furtherance of that truth it becomes mixed with an alloy of human wisdom. It pleased God on that first Christmas morning to give high truth to humble men, even shepherds in the fields.

Posts: 43 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement