Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Should Website Be Online?

Author Topic: Should Website Be Online?
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 20 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More in the news about David Berkowitz's!!

- - - - - - -

Dear Brethen,

Focus on the Family is standing strong behind it's decision to air
David Berkowitz's testimony and to make available the interview online.
They are receiving a lot of criticism now because they offer a CD or tape
for a donation of $7-$9.

Previously FOF had removed the free online braodcast, but perhaps due to
the attack on them charging for it, they have restored it to their web
site. Please pray they will stand up for the Lord and the right to tell the
wonderful story of David's conversion.

Unfortunately, the Billy Graham Radio Show, "The Hour of Decision" has
weakened in the hour of decision and removed David's interview from their
web site and all mention of him from anywhere online. It is not available
by calling their ministry either and they have not answered my emails.

Here are the latest articles regarding the web site, etc.

http://www.family.org/cforum/fnif/news/a0032664.cfm

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/state/ny-stsam253866543jun25,0,7022749.sto
ry?coll=ny-statenews-headlines

http://www.storyhunters.com/godandcon/archives/001035.html

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040624/ap_on_re_us/berkowitz_i
nterview_2

http://www.ny1.com/ny/TopStories/SubTopic/index.html?topicintid=1&subtopicin
tid=1&contentintid=41012

http://cbsnewyork.com/topstories/topstoriesny_story_176073543.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/205879p-177648c.html

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/nation/8998661.htm?1c

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/state_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2419_2986505,00
.html

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20040623-1714-berkowitz-interview.
html

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/state/article/0,1299,DRMN_21_2983873,0
0.html

Please pray for David not to be discouraged, for Focus on the Family that they stand firm in
the Lord.

Focus on the Family's web site is www.family.org.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This issue is not going to be that simple according to this world system but according to Gods word and what He have left us to read this kind of change of heart is His grace to the use of His glory. That the world may know that He is whom He said He is!

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen helpforhomeschoolers!

[thumbsup2]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David: I was really blessed by this site and this man's testimony when you brought it to our attention last year. I hope that this site remains online.

Let us pray for this family that they may come to know the forgiveness of God and that the enemy will take his hands off their hearts and their lives and let them find peace with the loss of their child and blessing in the good that God can work out of the tragedy of their loss.

He gives beauty for ashes and the oil of Joy for mourning. May they give HIM their ashes and May they receive HIS oil.
Amen.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget to vote in the poll on the

www.forgivenforlife.com

website. Let people know what you vote it. The site is still getting lots of hits!

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI,

The site received over 51,000 pages views yesterday since this was place in the paper. That is just to the home page. I saw it on the stats below:

http://www.fishthe.net/top1000/index.php?a=stats&id=13

also the site has online cybertracts, please pray that it will plant many seeds and people will come to know they also can be forgiven, and come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Bro. Greg
Advanced Member
Member # 2943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bro. Greg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I could make a judgement for or against the man I would have to know what he believed as to his salvation. Many SHOUT I saw the light but what light did they see? The scriptures say also that Satan appears as an angel of light as well. If we are in the light of Satan and not the light of Christ then are we saved? I don't think so! This man is not any different than anyone else in this sinful world when it comes to the sins he commited. Many walk around today with hatred in their hearts against their fellow man and the scriptures say they are a murderer.

If we look at the hatred in the parent's heart towards this man for murdering his 18 yrs old daughter is he not just as guilty before the Lord for murder? We would try to justify his hatered with "It is just cause for hatred".

If this man in prison was named Paul of Tarsus would we hate him for his murderous past? Paul had part in the murder of numerous people, Stephen for one, but did Paul repent of his actions? Would we sit him in the electric chair today as he preached the Gospel? I am sad to say, probably so!

Without meeting this man or knowing what he is teaching concerning salvation so as I could make a determination as to his salvation I could not say one way or the other as to the removal of this site or his repentance.

If he has truly repented, then we should be careful with the words, "Crucify him"! If he has not repented then we should be saying, Christ was Crucified for you sir!"

--------------------
Isaiah 5:20(KJV) 20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Bro. Greg
In and By His Grace
http://www.mychristiansite.com/ministries/pass_it_on

Posts: 527 | From: Montana, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgiveness and a new begining that's what the hope of everyone that put their trust in Yeshua/Jesus is all about.

I thank Yahweh He gave me His Grace, I hope many will see David B's testamony and experience the peace that passes all understanding that only comes in knowing Yeshua's Love that come through His Blood.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple more thoughts concerning the comments posted by others in the NY Daily News story which (our) David (not David B) posted above.

quote:
"This should be stopped," said Michael Lauria, whose 18-year-old daughter, Donna, was murdered by Berkowitz in 1976.

"He's telling the world: 'Ha, ha! I'm in jail and I got a Web site,'" the retired Bronx bus driver added. "He should stay in a 4-by-6 cell and rot."

First, why should it be stopped? The protestor presents no case! Has the web-site alleviated his punishment or lessened the memory of your daughter? There are other websites which should bother you more. He is being punished in accordance with the laws of the State of New York (which, BTW, disallow 4x6 cells and allowing prisoners to rot).

quote:
Neysa Moskowitz, mother of victim Stacy Moskowitz, is furious that the authorities are allowing Berkowitz to become an Internet celebrity while he does time.

"They treat him like a little prince," the 71-year-old cancer survivor said after the Daily News alerted her to the site.

"If I were the warden, he wouldn't be allowed to do anything," she added. "Let him break rocks, or whatever they do there."

How is he treated like a prince? He is in jail and restricted to all the limitations of jail in NY. I'm sure he has a job he is required to do; no one has produced any evidence that he is exempt from prison work or allowed special favors. He is still alive and that is, in and of itself, too lenient in some minds.
quote:
Lauria also was infuriated by the name of Berkowitz's site.

"Is he saying we should forgive him for life?" he wondered. "Forget about it!"

She misunderstands; he is not asking you or anyone else to forgive him. He is stating that Jesus Christ has forgiven him and is willing to forgive any sinner - no matter how bad.

quote:
Berkowitz, 51, is serving 25 years to life at the maximum-security Sullivan Correctional Facility for the twisted rampage that left six people dead and seven wounded and terrorized the city for a year. His latest bid for parole was shot down Wednesday.
I made that last sentence bold because it implies Mr. Berkowitz is actively pursuing parole. According to the site, he is not. If anyone shot down a bid for parole, Berkowitz intentionally shot it down himself with his letter to the Governor.

Dan

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Should..." That's the question, but how does one answer? Ethically? Morally? Legally?

Legally - that's the easy one. I would assume the State of New York has answered the legal question, or will, through administrative and judicial review; my legal oppinion is irrelevant.

Ethically - not as easy, but if we keep it to the issue of Mr. Berkowitz or anyone else profiting from the site in any way I'd have to say there is no ethical delema here. No one stands to profit from the site, and Mr. B has declined any "sympathy vote" for parole by declining parole. Does the site ease his punishment in any way? It doesn't seem to, although that is admittedly an arguable point. I'm sure others can find additional ethical issues here, but most will be mixed with moral issues which may be discussed in greater depth.

Morally - Aye, now there's the rub. If your Christian brother has sinned against you and comes to you saying, "I repent," how often are you to forgive him? Indeed, the moral argument is as much directed at ourselves as Mr. Berkowitz. I choose to believe him and find no moral reason to forbid the site.

Now I did leave out one more argument - Doctrine. You'll have to decide if you should forbid his doctrine, but you should also review mine and your own, too. (i.e. check for planks first).

Let the site stand.

Dan

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Information on the above poll:

New York Daily News - http://www.nydailynews.com
Now he's online
By JOE MAHONEY
DAILY NEWS ALBANY BUREAU CHIEF
Thursday, June 10th, 2004

ALBANY - Son of Sam serial killer David Berkowitz is drawing outrage from victims' families with a personal Web site that he uses to flaunt his musings on everything from gay marriage to motherhood.
Prison officials say the cyberjournal,www.forgivenforlife.com, does not break any rules — but the people whose lives were shattered by Berkowitz's death spree want the state to pull the plug on him.

"This should be stopped," said Michael Lauria, whose 18-year-old daughter, Donna, was murdered by Berkowitz in 1976.

"He's telling the world: 'Ha, ha! I'm in jail and I got a Web site,'" the retired Bronx bus driver added. "He should stay in a 4-by-6 cell and rot."

Neysa Moskowitz, mother of victim Stacy Moskowitz, is furious that the authorities are allowing Berkowitz to become an Internet celebrity while he does time.

"They treat him like a little prince," the 71-year-old cancer survivor said after the Daily News alerted her to the site.

"If I were the warden, he wouldn't be allowed to do anything," she added. "Let him break rocks, or whatever they do there."

Lauria also was infuriated by the name of Berkowitz's site.

"Is he saying we should forgive him for life?" he wondered. "Forget about it!"

Berkowitz, 51, is serving 25 years to life at the maximum-security Sullivan Correctional Facility for the twisted rampage that left six people dead and seven wounded and terrorized the city for a year. His latest bid for parole was shot down Wednesday.

Though state inmates have no access to computers, Berkowitz keeps his dot-com diary up to date by typing entries on ­paper in the slammer.

Some missives focus on his conversion to Christianity in 1987; visitors can also read his views on the Columbine massacre, the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks and his upbringing.

An April 28 posting gave an extensive account of his first jaunt outside prison walls in years, describing how he was ferried in a prison van to a doctor's office.

In an April 8 entry about a troublesome inmate named Danny who was shipped off to Sing Sing, Berkowitz expressed relief: "His departure was like the passing of a violent hurricane."

The operators of the site did not respond to a request for comment on their arrangement with Berkowitz.

The site does note: "We do NOT solicit or accept any money, donations, sympathy or help of any kind for ourselves or for David Berkowitz. Please do NOT send anything of value to us at all." Jim Flateau, a spokesman for the state Department of Correctional Services, said the agency can do nothing about the site because Berkowitz is exercising his First Amendment rights.

"Inmates have traditionally sent out letters to radio stations, newspapers and TV stations," he said. "This is an extension of the same thing."

Flateau said he also saw no breach of security protocol in Berkowitz's details about his ride to the outside world.

"If he says he rode in a van, it's no big deal," he said.

"The general public is aware that inmates ride in vans to go to outside doctors and things of that ­nature."

May 2

I would love to undo my horrible past and have the chance to relive my life, this time never doing wrong.

If I had the chance to start my life over again, I would make sure that I honor my parents. I would never again be a source of grief and heartache for them.

May 3

Prison ... is a place where a man's mistakes are always staring him in the face. There is self-loathing and self-disgust in many hearts.

April 21

On Columbine: This tragedy I believe was mostly about unchecked anger, seething rage and increasing hostility in the hearts and minds of two very troubled teenagers. As a Christian and a man who was once similarly troubled when I was younger, I cannot help but think if there was some way to reach those two kids before they undertook these murderous acts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/201733p-174109c.html

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Should www.forgivenforlife.com be online?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 9 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement