Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Something to Think About

Author Topic: Something to Think About
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it took me a while, but I found as close to a full list as possible with pictures, it lists the casualties by the day. Not much info, but it is a list with pictures.

List with Pictures

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Humm I thought the feed showed the show for Friday listing the names.

Thank you for the info. I'll see what I can do about finding the List, with Photos for everyone.

As for the second point: On the right side of the List, you will see the news articles, about who, what, where, and when it happened. Hope that Helps you out.

You can just look at the list of names, but it's kind lacking in information. The news Articles are very informative however, and can supply a feeling of what is happening over there.

I can find you listing on the supposed number of Iraq civilians that have been killed, with news articles, but it’s not a site for the weak of heart and given the sensitivity of some of the people on this board, I do not think they could handle such things of that nature. I have not been able to locate a list of “Enemy Combatants” killed. I am sure one exists, I just have not been able to locate it.

Tyme.

--------------------

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, your first link is to a "news" story about a "news' broadcast that is over a month old - hardly news in any sense of the word, but certainly a history that should not be forgotten.

Your second link is excellent, though incomplete. I realize it is limited to reporting "Coalition Casualties" but as such it has two significant limitations:

First, it gives very few details about the circumstances of the deaths reported. Although limited by space, time and information available, a full report might include who planted the IED or launched the RPG or pulled the trigger and why. It is one to say say SSG So-and-so was killed by an IED on such-and-such a date at such-and-such a location. It is quite another to explain that the men who planted and exploded the device were not Iraqi citizens, but Saudi (or Pakistani or Chechan or...) insurgents who are fighting a terrorist action against both the Coalition forces and the Iraqi people. Why did they plant the device - to kill and destroy the resolve of the world to see a free and democratic Iraq in the midst of a part of the world that knows only one democratic nation - Israel! What are the specific reasons that drove these terrorists to plant the IED that killed SSG So-and-so? Hatred? Despair? Selfish desire for a promised place in paradise with 72 virgins? And there are lots of other reasons, most of which revolve around the hateful preaching of servants of Allah, a Satan inspired human concoction of attributes which is given credance by far too many who should know better.

Second,and again due to many limitations, it fails to mention the many innocents who have been killed, by whom, and why. Hard questions! But perhaps not so hard as trying to determine who would die, how, by whose hand, and why had SSG So-and-so not been placed in harm's way.

Of course, a dispassionate discussion of the "why"s and "how"s and the "what might be"s is a difficult task. Are we up to it?

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and some people to pray for.

http://more.abcnews.go.com/sections/nightline/World/nightline_Koppel_fallen_040430.html

Tyme.

Ooops: Thought you all might want to check out this site as well, so you can know the names of the Families, and those that Died.

Death Toll

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement