Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Mickey Mouse Leading Children to Hell

Author Topic: Mickey Mouse Leading Children to Hell
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 13 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen David.

I began seeing the Truth about Disney a few years ago. As much as I love the Cinderella story and Sleeping Beauty, I had to admit that it centered around magic and witchcraft and the Bible Clearly says that's Wrong! I got rid of all my Disney movies and I have boycotted them. They support the Gay agenda; they're leading our children to believe that "Magic" is a harmless makebelieve thing (which the Bible tells us differently); they've even gone so far as to portray demons as friendly creatures to children (little monsters, etc.)

As Children of God our Father and followers of Jesus our Messiah, we Must choose between what HE tells us and what the world says is harmless or ok... In the end, it is God who will judge our choices.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Holy Bible, King James Version

Deuteronomy 18:9 through Deuteronomy 18:10 (KJV)

When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, ...

- - - -

Actually, what people think does not matter, is is what God says that matters. You can do as you please, but on judgement day, you will also answer for what you do.

Many come to know Jesus as the Way. A few more go on to know Him as the Truth. But very few go on to know Him as their life.

[type]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katz
Advanced Member
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i also am not terribly impressed with this series... the witchcraft thing is building off the success of thigs such as "Charmed" "Sabrina the Teenage Witch", and even "Harry Potter", BUT, its nothing more than a remake of "The Planeteers" refitted with "Sailor Moon"esque transformations from normal young girls to sexy little things you can't tell the age of anymore...

i myself am not ready to boycott Disney just yet, but i am sorely disapointed with thier lack of originality.

--------------------
Canst thou bind the unicorn...? Job 39:10
handmade beaded jewelry
save a misunderstood dog today!

Posts: 28 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I just watched the Disney Site for W.I.T.C.H.

All things said and done, I was not impressed by their evilness, or the fact that they were going to “Send small Children to Hell” it was really no different then Sailor Moon, or Rainbow Bright, or many of the other children’s stories I have seen.

I would have to see the content of the shows to form my opinion of them, more, but on the surface, it could be transformers, Space Ghost, Turbo Teen, and a variety of other shows and stories.

I mean all in all I was not wholly impressed by them. Although there were some issues on the sexuality of their body form, having young children suddenly grow breast and wear skin tight clothing, was a bit off, if you know what I mean.

Tyme

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 13 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mickey Mouse Leading Children to Hell

Disney Publishing Worldwide announced today that it is launching W.I.T.C.H., a tremendous new book series for tween girls that has seen extraordinary global publishing success, in the U.S. market. Its about 5 teenage girls (ages 13-14) who practice witchcraft. Disney is not only selling witchcraft, they are selling lust (fashion) and astrology - to children! ...

Read entire story...

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement