Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Christians Look to Form "New Nation" Within U.S.

Author Topic: Christians Look to Form "New Nation" Within U.S.
Spurgeon
Advanced Member
Member # 3401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spurgeon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Peter 2:13-17 KJV
13: Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14: Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15: For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16: As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
17: Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Posts: 39 | From: Cookeville, TN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 17 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadn't seen that this topic had been restarted here... sorry. I'm moving my post from End-Times to here.

Ok, here’s the REAL link to the Christian Exodus page:

http://www.christianexodus.org/

And here’s the blurb from page one:

"ChristianExodus.org has been established to coordinate the move of 50,000 or more Christians to a single conservative state in the U.S. for the express purpose of reestablishing constitutional governance. It is evident that our Constitution has been abandoned under our current federal system. The efforts of Christian activism have proven futile over the past five decades and, whereas desperate times require desperate measures, we are now in the most desperate of times. The federal government is considering whether marriage, the foundation of civilization since Creation, should be reserved solely to a man and a woman. Christians must now draw a line in the sand and unite in a sovereign state to dissolve our bond with the current union comprised as the United States of America.

The success of ChristianExodus.org will lead to an independent Christian nation where people may once again worship God under the protection of a friendly government. In addition, such a nation will be free of burdensome taxation and federal meddling in local affairs. Matter of factly, the liberties we have lost to liberalism over the past century will be restored in one fell swoop."

There’s a lot more information on this site. I’m wondering what every one here thinks about this idea? Is it right for Christians to pursue a political solution? Is it right for us to isolate ourselves? What would this do to the process of voting in a president? Wouldn’t it change the electorial results if the majority of Christians were in one state? I’m interested in everyone’s thoughts on this.

I find this idea fascinating but I’m not sure how I feel about it. But I gotta say, South Carolina is a Beautiful state! And the People there are the friendliest I’ve ever encountered… it’s almost like you’re in another land already. I can see why they picked it.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have thought that Texas (or perhaps just East Texas) would have been a more viable option. I have lived in West Texas and know that many folks there feel they live in another country already [Big Grin]

I've also lived in South Carolina and I don't think the federal government would willingly give up any of its military facilities there, especially those USN and USAF facilities in the Charleston area. The economy there would not support such an influx, either. Politically, those who move in would be thought of as carpet-baggers and would face stiff oposition.

Having given some of the "not"s, I would support the effort with my prayers and presents, if not my presence.

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spurgeon
Advanced Member
Member # 3401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spurgeon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only one point he messed up on: this is not a "pagan democracy". Oh, it's mostly pagan; but a democracy means the will of the people.

Let one person cry out lawsuit and a one hundred politicians scurry.

Let one ACLU lawyer in a courtroom and we change the laws that 150 or more congressmen established.

Democracy? Hardly. The minority rules.

We can teach about Islam in California schools, but can't say "one nation, under God, indivisible..." Just call it an Christophobocracy (rule by those few who dislike/have contempt for Jesus Christ).

Remind me, how many times did the Almighty allow "foreign terrorists" (like Babylon, etc) to mess with Israel when they ushered Him out of their government?

I don't think separation is they key, though. Unification is the key: we Christians need to unify and work to glorify God in this nation.

Posts: 39 | From: Cookeville, TN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christians Look to Form "New Nation" Within U.S.

Calling the approval of same-sex marriage in Massachusetts "the straw that broke the camels back," a group of Christian activists is in the beginning stages of an effort to have one state secede from the United States to become its own sovereign nation ...

Read entire story....

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement