Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Roy Moore Brings Argument for "Christian America"

Author Topic: Roy Moore Brings Argument for "Christian America"
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Americans, Kentuckians and Alabamians have been deceived as to the truth. It's the most important truth people don't know about our country."

Umm... perhaps it's because I've only been a Kentuckian for about 5 years, and I don't get out much... but did I miss something that happened here that's akin to what happened in Alabama? Why single out Kentucky with Alabama? *scratching head*

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Very Much Thunder 7.

I shall be looking up Alan Keyes now, I hope to get some good insight into this situation.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in Alabama, and something that has bothered me in this whole thing is,
once in a while, the national media has something Judge Moore has said,
a little more often we can read his comments in the state media,
but the media seem intent on keeping the voice of Alan Keyes quiet.

If you can find anything from Keyes on this and how our rights as Christians have been taken away, and what the Constitution really says, etc..
Roy Moores comments pale in comparison.
Only a couple of times have I seen state media give Keyes a little coverage,
and in those few moments --WOW--
I have seen nothing of his comments in the national media,
I can only wonder why.
At the same time Keyes was in Alabama talking about the Ten Commandments situation,
Jesse Jackson was in Alabama, complaining about the hiring of a football coach at a state university,
Jesse got all kinds of national and state media coverage,
Keyes is a Republican who happens to be black,
Jesse is a Democrat,
Jesse gets media coverage over sports, not even his so call "field of expertise",
Keyes gets no media coverage, over an issue that affects the Constitutional rights of all Americans.
What is the big picture here?

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula
Advanced Member
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason we can no longer get the article is because it's been archived and you need to have a paid subscription to retrieve it from the Amnews.com site. But here's the article in its entirety, as carried by christianaction.org:
===========================================
Moore brings argument for 'Christian America'

By JIM LOGAN
The Advocate-Messenger, Staff Writer

America has been "deceived" into forgetting that this is a Christian country whose laws are based on the word of God, the former chief justice of Alabama told a group of conservative Christians Friday night.

Roy Moore, who was removed in November from Alabama's highest court for defying a federal court order to remove a granite monument inscribed with the Ten Commandments in the state's judicial building, said the nation's problems are the result of turning away from God.

"I want to tell you ... something every American should know," he said. "It's not about the monument. It's not about the Ten Commandments. It's not about Judge Roy Moore. It's not about religion. It's about acknowledging the sovereignty of almighty God."

In his keynote speech to about 200 people at the two-day Foundations Festival, Moore insisted that the Constitution of the United States was based on the "organic law" of God. He blamed "indoctrination in schools," a liberal media and "hypocritical" judges for perpetuating the "myth" of the Constitution's separation of church and state.

He argued that this deception by secular leaders has led to such outrages as the lawsuit to remove "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance - and his firing as chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court.

Central argument was United States was founded in "sovereignty of God"

But Moore's central argument was that the United States was founded on the belief in the "sovereignty of God." The country's laws, he said, were inspired by and are subordinate to the divine. Obeying the law, he argued, is simply a matter of "acknowledging God."

In arguing for a Christian America, Moore quoted the Bible, Thomas Jefferson and Samuel Adams, the patriot credited with leading the Boston Tea Party.

In a speech on Aug. 1, 1776, Adams denounced British rule and, Moore said, announced the primacy of God in the new country: "We have this day restored the sovereign to whom alone all men ought to be obedient."

Moore also argued that Jefferson's second paragraph in the Constitution - "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal and endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights ..." - was directly inspired by 1 Romans 19: "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them."

The former judge said that Jefferson's "self-evident" truths are the same as those "manifest" in Romans. The result, he said, is a "divinely revealed law that said we were entitled to be a nation. God's law ... is the foundation, the organic law of our country. If you were to ask most lawyers, most judges, they wouldn't know that truth."

The problem, he said, reaches far beyond the courts.

"Americans, Kentuckians and Alabamians have been deceived as to the truth. It's the most important truth people don't know about our country."

Ignorance in judiciary was behind his removal

Such ignorance in the judiciary, Moore suggested, was behind his removal from the bench.

By turning away from God as sovereign, judges have become "empty-headed" and debased, deceived into thinking that the divine - and the Ten Commandments - have no place in the courtroom.

He contends that his firing was solely because he refused to stop acknowledging God in the courtroom. Any other claim, he said, is false.

"I do resent the fact that they lied to us," he said of the federal judiciary. "I resent the fact that they order us to do things, like deny God. It burns within my soul that Christians stand quietly by while another man tells them not acknowledge God."

Moore closed his speech with a call for Christians to "heal your land" and "return to the Constitution and God."

He urged the audience to become active politically and support a bill in Congress, the "Constitutional Restoration Act of 2004," which would limit the power of the judiciary in cases involving religion.

http://www.christianaction.org/can_news.htm#Martin%20Mawyer%20Debate

Posts: 90 | From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula
Advanced Member
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duplicate post
Posts: 90 | From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't get in for some reason - probably the settings on my son's 'puter. I have heard Justice Moore speak on a few ocassions and he's even alot of fun to listen to! If you could post the entire article I'd appreciate it. If that's not possible, I'll be back to my own laptop on Monday. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was an Amazing Article !

Thank you!

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roy Moore Brings Argument for "Christian America"

America has been "deceived" into forgetting that this is a Christian country whose laws are based on the word of God, the former chief justice of Alabama told a group of conservative Christians Friday night. "I want to tell you ... something every American should know," he said. "Its not about the monument. Its not about the Ten Commandments. Its not about Judge Roy Moore. Its not about religion. Its about acknowledging the sovereignty of almighty God." ... Read on...

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement