Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Record-winning lawsuit

Author Topic: Record-winning lawsuit
listener
Advanced Member
Member # 338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listener         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her husband must have been the Judge, or a lunatic posing as one!
Utter madness that demeans the legal system .. if a system that says you can't teach Christianity in public schools can be demeaned. Again, I hasten to add as an Englishman that I mean no offence by my comments. Just an objective view.
Our system is in a chronic state of health too .. terminal.
The absurdity of the award is highlighted by the fact that it's unpayable. Which means it is bad law. Eventually it will be overturned .. or the figure lowered. By that time the lady probably won't be with us. Thousands of other people will issue writs, and be entitled to the same payout.
They say we are at our most dangerous when we think everyone but ourselves is crazy. I'm really worried. Yep, you've guessed what I'm thinking!

(hope the weather is fine in Florida?)

God Bless you all.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think she is very fortunate to live in a country where after you have abused yourself by stupidity, you can make someone else pay.

I will be glad when those of us that drink coke,dr pepper and such get a chance at the big bucks. [Laugh]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This undated family photo shows Betty Bullock, left, with her daughter Jodie Goldstein, right, and Bullock's granddaughter Jacqueline Goldstein. Bullock, 64, of Newport Beach, Calif., who started smoking when she was 17 and was diagnosed last year with lung cancer, was awarded a record-shattering $28 billion in punitive damages on Friday, Oct. 4, 2002, in Los Angeles in a lawsuit against Philip Morris Inc., for fraud and negligence

Whats your opinion of this [Question]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement