Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » WHAT'S GOING ON AT AMAZON.COM?

Author Topic: WHAT'S GOING ON AT AMAZON.COM?
Laura
Advanced Member
Member # 450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that targeting Amazon is the right thing to do yet. You can find items like this most everywhere if you look under the right headings. I know of several other popular web sites that sell things I want no part of. Yet, I cannot target the company for selling them, they may not know what they are selling. It's easy to use a large company to sell items like that, if you use a different heading for the book when it is indexed. I know. Let's give Amazon a chance to find out how that got in there and get it out. Emailing the company is a wonderful idea whenever you find things like that on the 'net. Jesus would give them second chance, so should we.
Posts: 26 | From: east TN | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will NEVER use Amazon again.
Yes, they will be getting an email from me explaining why I will NEVER visit there site again.

BTW Kindgo:
Thats some fancy foot work there.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael
Advanced Member
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I priced a couple books at Barnes and Noble and Amazon. Amazon was less expensive so I was going to buy them there. Now I will pay more $$$ to get them elsewhere.
Posts: 106 | From: NYS | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FALWELL CONFIDENTIAL

-

DATE: September 26, 2002

I could hardly believe what I was reading on the WorldNetDaily Web site: Amazon.com is accused of "contributing to the potential rape and molestation of children" by offering a book on adult-on-child sexual relationships.

But upon visiting the Amazon.com site to investigate for myself, I found that the book is indeed there. It is titled, "Understanding Loved Boys and Boylovers." In fact, on the Amazon.com site, self-described boy lovers and pedophiles offer positive reviews of the book, saying it "attempt[s] to shed the positive aspects of a healthy boy/male relationship."

Yeah, it's creepy, all right. But there's more.

"By explaining what 'pedophiles' really are," writes one pedophile, "it may help parents to understand that there may actually be benefits to such relationships."

This is absolutely shameful. These fiends are attempting to convince parents that there is no harm if they should target their children to satisfy their sinister urges.

Amazon.com should immediately ban this dangerous book (and any similar books) from its Web site and apologize for allowing such material to be there in the first place.

Thankfully, the organization that uncovered the book's availability at Amazon.com - the Escondido, Calif.-based United States Justice Foundation - has written a letter to Amazon.com President Jeffrey Bezos, saying that offering the book amounts to "an unfair and unethical business practice." The USJF has given Amazon 30 days to withdraw the book or face "protracted litigation."

As reported by WorldNetDaily, the book states: "Men who sexually pursue young boys are not monsters, but sincere, concerned, loving human beings who simply have a sexual orientation that is neither understood nor accepted by most others."

As a veteran pastor, I can report that I have worked with families that have been shattered because an adult has sexually abused a child. One need look no further than the recent Catholic Church fiasco to see the emotional anguish that is brought on by the abuse by an adult of a child. Years later, the deep scars of the abuse remain.

And yet Amazon's initial response to this controversy has been to defend the sale of the dreadful book, unbelievably saying freedom of expression must be protected.

LOCK THEM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY

My good friend, Bedford, Virginia Sheriff Mike Brown, who spearheads an undercover operation to apprehend child molesters, has recounted to me how destructive these individuals are. Many pedophiles (called "travelers") will voyage across the country in hopes of meeting up with a youngster they have befriended on the Internet. Upon their meeting, these gullible and often lonely children, thinking they have discovered a friend, eventually realize they have been duped by an individual who is fixated on sexually misusing them.

Thankfully, Sheriff Brown's team routinely poses as teenagers in Internet chat rooms in order to meet these pedophiles. These undercover agents, after convincing the pedophiles that they are forlorn teens or pre-teens, frequently set up meetings with these pedophiles who are subsequently arrested and prosecuted.

These are the types of individuals Amazon.com is promoting and protecting by offering this dangerous book.

I am encouraging people to send an e-mail to Amazon.com (feedback@amazon.com) in order to complain about the availability of "Understanding Loved Boys and Boylovers" on their Web site.

After telling a couple of friends about this outrage today, these friends told me they were going to immediately send e-mails to Amazon to say they would not order again from the company until it ceased offering the book. This is the type of action Amazon.com (and any other retail company) will understand.

Please write to Amazon.com today (feedback@amazon.com) to considerately request that they immediately drop the book "Understanding Loved Boys and Boylovers."

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement