Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Court Rules City Can't Invoke Jesus in Prayer

Author Topic: Court Rules City Can't Invoke Jesus in Prayer
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is just my personal opinion, I believed that we are in the great tribulation (spiritual type) the WORD of GOD tell us that there will be famine of the WORD.

I know some of you will not agree because they are waiting for a physical type, but when I see all around me how people are spiritually dead there is no doubt that yes there is a famine of the WORD OF GOD

Jeremiah 5:12 They have belied the LORD, and said, [It is] not he; neither shall evil come upon us; neither shall we see sword nor famine:

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

Amos 8:12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find [it].

Amos 8:13 In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.

Amos tells us that the virgins and young men faint for (thirst) and what kind of thirst is that?

The Soul thirsting thirst!

BRINGING OUT THE BEAUTY STEADFASTLY

Thank You
Love in Christ [Cross]
MAC

Job 33:18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:28 He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

PS 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

[Lighthouse]
Ezekiel 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a sad day for this country when this is allowed and tolerated... [Frown]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RevGB
Advanced Member
Member # 303

Icon 20 posted      Profile for RevGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Ya'll should come to California for a missions trip! Ha Ha!
America is weak everywhere in its Christianity.
Although, California rakes high up there in weakness, it is really bad. It needs much prayer, and it needs Christians to quit going to movie theaters to watch what Hollywood produces. There is so much entertainment there, Universal Studios, Disney Land, Lego Land, Magic Mountain, Knotts Berry Farm: ie theme parks everywhere. Then Hollywood the great evil. If only people of America would drive through Hollywood and see how sinful it is, maybe they would pray, and go to California to minister, instead of site seeing.
I grew up in California and it is very sad to see how much wickedness is going on.
It is much different in the Bible Belt of America, but in California, Chrisitians come for vacation, and forget there covenant to God.
There goes some steam! [mad2]
I am thankful to God, I do have some friends that are really on fire for God in California.
Hopefully God will give them and something to think about, and turn it all around.

Like a [Lighthouse] would be nice. A good strong Bible Jesus believing miracle working lighthouse.

Aloha
RevG

--------------------
Driven: Not by Nails,
But By HIS LOVE

Teens In The Midst Of Jesus
http://www.arkwebshost.com/ministries/revg

Posts: 27 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps California should suceed from the union, dont ya think???
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 13 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - Court Rules City Can't Invoke Jesus in Prayer

A California appeals court ruled on Monday that state legislative bodies cannot begin meetings with prayers invoking the name of Jesus. Reuters has reported on the decision, which came in a lawsuit over a 1999 meeting of the Burbank council that began with a minister giving thanks to God "in the name of Jesus Christ."

http://www.faithnews.cc/articles.cfm?storyid=2590&type=Evangelical News

This is going way to far!!!! [mad2] [Bang Head]
David

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement