Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Share your thoughts on the past year with 991?

Author Topic: Share your thoughts on the past year with 991?
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the Tribute Brother David, makes you reflect.. [Smile]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the tribute was beautiful. Thank you.

I have tried to put my thoughts together on this aniversary of 911. My daughter and the other members ofher swing chior are singing tomorrow for the governor at a memorial service in our little town that seems often so far away from the events of last September 11th.

We didnt seem so far away this day last year. I was working for united airlines on the day of the WTC crash. I was sitting at my desk talking to a passenger when someone walked by my desk and said a plane just crashed into the world trade center. My first words were " you are kidding me" but the tears streaming down her face told me she was not kidding.

Life changed that day for so many people. The news came across our silent radio that one of the planes was ours and one of our planes was missing. That would be the one that crashed in PA. Our office was a room of sobbing disbelief. It was difficult to work, but the phones kept ringing. We would take calls untill we couldn't keep our composure any longer and then we would log out and go to the break room where the TV streamed pictures that challenged our ability to comprehend.

Some were afraid, was this the end of the world? We had never seen anything like this ... not on our soil. Others sat at their terminals monitoring corprate news, hoping and praying for a word of encouragement, but none came. Still others frantically called relatives, friends and loved ones, trying to find out if their flights were safe. Mothers and wives called husbands and children like a mother hen gathers her chicks for fear that the storm might have just begun. And some of prayed. Some of us were filled with an eery peace and calm that seemed out of place. That calm came from knowing that no matter what this was about or what was going to happen next, God was still on the throne. God was in control.

That is how I felt. I cried and my heart broke for the people who were there, people who didn't know where there loved ones were; people who knew their loved ones were on those planes. For weeks after September 11th, when the crowds had gone home, and the clean up was well under way, the airports were open and life was carrying on, we still lived the tragedy every day, because every day we spoke with someone who was directly affected. A woman who lost her son, a father whose daughter was on the way to meet her fiance, a lady who was late to catch her flight and was spared because she wasn't on that plane!

I was overwhelmed by the people who cared how we were doing. People who had lost their loved ones would say to me " how are you holding up honey?" Amazing! The human spirit is amazing! God's grace is amazing! I cant imagine being an athiest and living through something like this. Where is their peace? Who do you cry out to if there is nothing more than self?

One thing I know, it comforted and sustained me then and it gives me peace today... God is still on the Throne!

What ever his will for this life, it is perfect. We may not understand it; we may not be able to see why, but we can know it is perfect. Perfect in time; perfect in outcome. Because God is God ; unmoveable,unchanging, unshakeable,eternal.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[WOW]
The tribute was awesome, but hard to watch.. [Frown]

Lots of raw feelings still there a year later. [tears] [tears] [tears]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I didn't know the rest of the story this could be truely frightening... But alas the rest of the story:
Revelation 22:1 ¶ And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
6 ¶ And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 ¶ He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 17 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A must see - Click Here

LONDON TO HOST ISLAMIC 'CELEBRATION' OF SEPT 11
The London Daily Telegraph reports: "Extremist Muslim clerics will meet in London on September 11 to celebrate the anniversary of al-Qaeda's attacks on America and to launch an organization for Islamic militants ...

He said: "The people at this conference look at September 11 like a battle, as a great achievement by the mujahideen against the evil superpower.

Read on...

It should never be! ~ David Campbell

What ever happened to Goliath?
Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.
1 Samuel 17:51 (KJV)    hummm......

You reap what you sow? Oh, just thinking out loud!
What is - The Rest of the Story? 

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement