Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Ex-priest says it was '2-way thing'

Author Topic: Ex-priest says it was '2-way thing'
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Linda,
this synogue of satan has done more damage to the Body of Yahshua [Jesus] the Messiah than any other perhaps combined...

Thanks for boldness to uphold the truth..amen

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ntercesser
Advanced Member
Member # 332

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Ntercesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thnks HFHS [Kiss]
Posts: 66 | From: in Texas,wanting the UK, praying for Home | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RCC=Roman Catholic Cult, The Apostate body who call themselves the Roman Catholic Church.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ntercesser
Advanced Member
Member # 332

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Ntercesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] I deeply agree with what everyone has said, but i don't know who, or what, the "RCC" is, nor what they do. [help]
Posts: 66 | From: in Texas,wanting the UK, praying for Home | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the "god" of this world has blinded them..

Amen Linda..

Another sad [Frown] part of the story is that they are now claiming that the RCC hiearchy know about this for years..

Amen Larry

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry Twidwell
Community Member
Member # 285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry Twidwell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

--------------------
Serving Him, Larry
http://www.bloodofthelamb.org

Posts: 19 | From: Klamath River, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listener
Advanced Member
Member # 338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listener         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am lost for words.
i really am.
you have said them for me.
God Bless

Posts: 119 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey all,

I agree this is outrageous! [mad2] It makes me sick to just read what this 'priest' says.
"he was a good priest" [fie]

Where did he ever get the idea that these baby boys wanted to have sex with him?

God have mercy, they just wanted somebody to love them, to pay attention to them. He took advantage of them, and their need for approval... [Frown]

Jesus is really mad about this stuff...He will get them all!

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear God! So much for a contrite Spirit! I could deal with "...what I did was wrong...SIN, LUST,Forgive me..." But, I can't deal with this!

Did you say this man is 82? Sounds like he is 13; who was the adult here??? You know I don't know what we will do with this man (we being the courts, society, or the RCC), but for certain God will deal with him! And we can take comfort in that. God is Just and He will deal with this horrid situation and these people who blashpheme His Holy Name and make a mocery of His precious Grace, and Longsuffering.

Come Quickly Lord Jesus, for their every imagination is evil!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Former Metro cleric, 82, said he had relationships with boys for years.

By Hawke Fracassa / The Detroit News

DETROIT -- A former Metro Detroit priest said Tuesday that he had sexual encounters with "maybe a dozen or two" young boys during his career, but they were always consensual.

"The boy likes the priest because he's friendly and kind," said Robert Burkholder, 82, who lives in Honolulu.
Burkholder was charged Tuesday morning in Detroit with two counts of criminal sexual conduct for an incident in 1986 involving a 13-year-old boy from Redford Township.

The retired priest said in a telephone interview he had relationships over several years with boys who were "11, 12 and 13" and that he kept it a secret.

"You don't communicate with anybody else about it," he said. "(But) it takes two to tango. It was always a two-way thing.

"The boys work in the rectory with the priest and you just get friendly. You sit down in the rectory and have a Coke.

It's a mutual deal ... an affectionate thing and a friendly thing."

Burkholder said the acts, which he repeatedly referred to as "affection," mostly involved the fondling of boys.

He said he had occasional oral sex with boys.
"But not often," Burkholder said. "It's a friendship between two people that has been made into something horrible, rotten. [Roll Eyes]

People are trying by hook or by crook to make me look bad.
I was a priest -- a good priest -- who had a weakness."

Some of the accusations are true, but so what?

Burkholder said he never touched young girls and had no relationships with boys older than age 14.

"At 14 they (boys) are starting to be interested in other people -- girls, mostly," he said. "It's just what happens."

The 1986 case involved a 13-year-old boy from St. Robert Bellarmine parish in Redford Township. "We just got carried away," Burkholder said.

"He might have been lonely.
And priests are lonely persons, too.

We need friendships and kids love priests. I weakened. I was looking for affection."
http://www.harpazo.net/news.html

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement