Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Protests May Await Bold Pastor

Author Topic: Protests May Await Bold Pastor
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen..

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 14 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen! No more watered down Christianity! We need the whole truth. [Cross]

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Barry!

I know you read my post last week on this very issue, so you know this is also my heart.

But your word from God is exactly the word God gave me when set my thinking straight on the abortion issue.

Sadly, I have never spoken with another Christian on the issue of abortion who could grasp this concept untill I came to this board!

What sign will we carry? "THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST" Amen!

In my town, the RCC are tremendous protesters on the abortion isssue. The stand on the street parading horrible graphic pictures of Satan's work on the Helpless babies that are murdered, when they should be carring huge signs that say Jesus Christ Is the ONLY Answer against the wiles of Satan! They love to stand out their in the blizzarding snow to show their dedication to their cause. It just makes me sick.

One day I was stoped at the light by them and a woman shoved a tract at me through my open window with those horrible pictures on it. I could stand it no more I parked my car and said Why don't you put down your signs and PREACH THE GOSPEL. Pass out tracts that say Jesus Dies for you, loves you, wants to free the world from this horrible sin! Her reply to me was "this makes people think about these poor innocent babies" At that point I simply said Preach the Gospel, save a lost young mother and save a child! and left.

I didn't mean to ramble, but it is just so awsome to see how God speaks to us when we listen, and God spoke the same words to us in the same picture! 2000 miles apart! God is soooo Awsome! [Smile]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what i see my freinds:

i was watching some protesters here in our town some years ago, and they were protesting abortion, a noble cause. As i watched along a 3 mile stretch of road people carring signs, people of many different faiths, and religions. God spoke to my heart "which sign will you carry?"

i was pondering the thought and God spoke again to my heart, abortion is wrong, but likewise is fornication, drunkeness, adultry, hatred, envyings, strife, child molesting, stealing, lying, and etc...came rushing into my mind. Again came "which sign will you carry"...

God taught me then and their we are to stand up for righteousness, and to denounce sin....but the "SIGN" we must carry is the message of the "Gospel" not any individual sin.
Which coinsided with a message God has gave me "You will never learn of light studying darkness"........

What "sign" "should" we carry there are so many sins, so much "missing the mark", and each cause is just....But if we can only carry a sign at a time, let it be the sign of the "Gospel"

If God would lead me to go to a protest it would be to witness to the lost, and encourage the Brothren..

My view as i see it in God.. [Smile]

[Lighthouse]

Love Barry

What think Ye?

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I could be there to help him out.
I am going to promote it here in Texas as well. He is doing the right thing. We have a Pastor here in town that is just like Mr Fox. You may have heard of him: Reverend Hagy. Although I don't attend his church, I have heard him many times and have visit his church. He doesnt care what anyone thinks. He preaches the truth!

More church leaders should be doing this. It can be one in a respectable manner and is done so. But there are always going to be a great crowd protesting in behalf of sin.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weekend Protests May Await Bold Pastor

By Allie Martin
August 23, 2002

(AgapePress) - A Kansas pastor who has blasted Big Brothers Big Sisters of America for allowing homosexuals to serve as mentors faces a weekend of protests at his church.

Pastor Terry Fox
Terry Fox, pastor of the 6,000-member Immanuel Baptist Church in Wichita, last week launched a letter-writing and telephone campaign in opposition to the new policy at BBBSA. [See Earlier Article] Fox says he had no other choice but to take a stand -- and he is encouraging other pastors to join him.

"I think this issue with Big Brothers Big Sisters is one that every pastor can stand behind and take a stand on because it deals with kids," Fox says. "And because it's dealing with homosexuals working with kids -- I'm telling you -- it's just something we must take a stand on."

Fox says his church now faces the threat of protests and demonstrations. "We've been told that a rock radio station here and some others have promoted [for] people to come out and create some disturbances at our church on this coming Sunday," he says. "We don't know what to expect, so it's kind up really stirring up the community at this point."

Callers to a secular radio station in Wichita reportedly have threatened to stage a protest at Fox's church this Sunday.

© 2002 AgapePress all rights reserved

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement