Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Texas Boy Nearly Beaten to Death by Pastor

Author Topic: Texas Boy Nearly Beaten to Death by Pastor
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why, because this earth is under the oppression of an evil ruler his name is Satan.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
God's Grace
Community Member
Member # 143

Icon 11 posted      Profile for God's Grace         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will never understand why people do the things they do. [Frown]

That poor child. [tears] May his physical, mental, and emotional wounds be healed by God after this terrible abuse has taken place.

It saddens me when people in positions of leadership abuse trust in such a horrid way. May God's hand bring justice in this sad situation.

[Frown]
Grace

--------------------
Maybe I'd see
Much better by closing my Eyes

Nichole Nordeman-Christian Recording Artist

Posts: 8 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 9 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is truly a sad story..... [Frown]

At first i too had to check my flesh, and remember who bought and paid for me, because anyone who would "beat" a child for 90 minutes does not know God. YaHWeH.., and would cause you to react instead of ACT...

But Jesus showed me a better way, ill not be at the beach with the milestone, but such a one as this...Paul said to turn over to satan for the destruction of the flesh that the soul might be saved..

This breaks my heart, as did the "Catholic sex scandal"... It truly shows "THE LAST DAYS" are here folks..let us pray..

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 13 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another view point on this sad event and my comment -> It is good to spank a child when they need it. But NEVER BEAT a child. He should go to jail! ~ David [hmm]

----------------
''They Hit Me''

Baptist Pastor Beats 11 Year Old To Near Death

Commentary on the News
Jack Kinsella

Joshua Thompson acts as pastor and holds separate services for the Spanish-speaking members of Capital City Baptist Church, of which his father is the pastor. Caleb Thompson 'helps out' at the church.

Police say that Caleb was 'helping out' when he held down little eleven year old Louie Guerrero face down on a bed so his brother could beat him with a tree-branch.

Court records allege the 90-minute beating was to physically "break" Louie for lying, Joshua Thompson allegedly told the boy's stepfather afterward.

The child was at a Bible study program when he angered Joshua Thompson so much that he was removed from class. Joshua and his brother allegedly took Louie to Caleb Thompson's house for the beating, where they turned up the radio to cover the child's cries, police said.

The two men then took Louie back to his home, where they met his mother and stepfather and said they had a "big problem." Joshua Thompson told the boy's stepfather that he should "beat Louie for two more hours" to fix it.

After the Thompsons left, Louie's mother and stepfather discovered bruises and cuts covering the child's entire back, with bruises on his head, neck buttocks and legs.

The beating left the boy in intensive care for four days after broken blood vessels caused his kidneys to fail, court records say.

The Catholic Church has been under fire in recent months for child abuse. Although these cases are different in that there is no systematic coverup within a church hierarchy and law enforcement is less reluctant to go after a Baptist pastor than a Catholic priest, that doesn't mean that all the child abusers are Catholic.

Read on...

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[fie] [tears] [uhoh]
These two men were given the oppertunity to represent the love of God to this boy and this is what they do?!? [mad2]

From http://www.drudgereport.com

Texas Boy Nearly Beaten to Death by Pastor- Police
Tue Jul 9, 5:54 PM ET

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Texas police on Tuesday sought a Baptist pastor and his twin brother on charges they used a tree branch to beat an 11-year-old boy nearly to death for misbehaving in a Bible class.

Investigators sought Joshua Thompson, 23, and his twin brother Caleb Thompson for the July 3 incident, which left the Louie Guerrero in intensive care for four days after broken blood vessels caused his kidneys to fail, court records say.

Both men are charged with a single count of felony injury to a child, according to an affidavit filed on Monday.

Court records allege the 90-minute beating was to physically "break" Louie for lying, Joshua Thompson allegedly told the boy's stepfather afterward.

Joshua Thompson acts as pastor and holds separate services for the Spanish-speaking members of Capital City Baptist Church, of which his father is the pastor. Caleb Thompson helps out at the church.

The child was at a Bible study program when he angered Joshua Thompson so much that he was removed from class. Joshua and his brother allegedly took Louie to Caleb Thompson's house for the beating, where they turned up the radio to cover the child's cries, police said.

The two men then took Louie back to his home, where they met his mother and stepfather and said they had a "big problem." Joshua Thompson told the boy's stepfather that he should "beat Louie for two more hours" to fix it.

"Do it!" Thompson said three times, according to court papers. Thompson said he would not allow Louie back to the church, so his bad example could not affect the other children.

After the Thompsons left, Louie's mother and stepfather discovered bruises and cuts covering the child's entire back, with bruises on his head, neck buttocks and legs.

"They hit me," Guerrero told his mother, according to the affidavit. He told his mother that Caleb Thompson held him face-down on a bed while Joshua flogged him with the stick for about an hour and a half, court records say.

The boy was allowed to take a break in the restroom during the beating, records say.

Jerald Finney, a lawyer for Joshua Thompson, did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Louie Guerrero's family plans to file a civil suit against the Thompsons as well

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement