Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Nickelodeon Pushes Homosexual Agenda

Author Topic: Nickelodeon Pushes Homosexual Agenda
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the quick response Kindgo... [Smile]

Things are really starting to move fast towards the end now .. [spiny]

Keep the Faith :

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nickelodeon draws outcry for gay-marriage special
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...rriage_special

NEW YORK (The Hollywood Reporter) --- Nickelodeon was inundated with thousands of e-mails and telephone calls Tuesday in the hours leading up to its telecast of Linda Ellerbee's Nick News special "My Family Is Different," which examines the issue of same-sex marriages.

The Parents Television Council, the Traditional Values Coalition ( news - web sites) and the Concerned Women for America were among the conservative media watchdog groups that rallied opposition to the Nickelodeon special, contending that it's inappropriate subject matter to run on a kids network.

Nickelodeon officials argue that its special is a forum to look at intolerance and hate and isn't advocating a particular point of view. The half-hour special ran with a disclaimer advising kids to watch the special "with a parent or a grown-up they trust." The commercial-free special also aired 30 minutes later than most Nick News specials, which have traditionally run at 8:30 p.m.

The volume of e-mail coming into the Nick.com Web site regarding the special was so heavy that network officials created a separate e-mail address to avoid a computer crash.

PTC officials said they don't object to the subject of same-sex parents but do question whether such material should be made available to children ages 8-13, which is Nickelodeon's targeted audience.

"It's not a question of whether you have concerns about the homosexual lifestyle; it's just a question to whether it's an appropriate subject to broach with children," said Melissa Caldwell, director of research at the PTC. "The question is whether Nickelodeon is using its position of trust that they have with parents responsibly by taking a program that is designed for child audiences and dealing with a subject that really should be a subject for adults to discuss."

The TVC had even harsher words for Nickelodeon, accusing the network of a pro-gay agenda.

"This program proves that this network has been co-opted by homosexual activists who are targeting children," the TVC said. "Sodomy is not a family value; Nickelodeon has lost the trust of parents."

Nickelodeon maintains that the show is an open news forum, not a soapbox to advocate gay lifestyles.

"It doesn't discuss the rightness or wrongness of homosexuality," Ellerbee said. "We are not telling anyone what to think here. All the show does is say hate is wrong. It strictly deals with how are you going to treat kids who come from families that are different from yours."

www.onemillionmoms.com

They have several email addresses and will send an email for you. You are allowed to add to/change whatever the email they have ready for you.

I hope this helps [help]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry! [uhoh] I will go see what I can find out.....be back soon [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also wrote and got my email back. [fie]

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 9 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wrote letters to both those guys Kindgo, the letters were undeliverable..no such address,

you recon their getting so many they changed emails..? If you find out new email addy let me know [Smile]
Thanks Barry

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 9 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we sent the same e-mail to :

Mr. Herb Scannell, President, Nickelodeon
1515 Broadway, 38th Floor
New York, NY 10036

Nickelodeon Telephone : (212) 258-7500
Fax: (212) 258-7595
Email: scannelh@mtvn14.viacom.com.

Whether it does any good or not we will continue to screen what our children watch...less and less..amen [Smile]

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

We sent an email to mkarmazin@viacom.com

Mel Karmazin, CEO Viacom
51 West 52nd Street
New York, NY 10019

Voice Mail: (212) 975-6500
Viacom main number: (212) 258-6000
Fax: (212) 975-5361
Email: mkarmazin@viacom.com

Copy of what we sent:

quote:
Last nite Nickelodeon aired a program entitled : ‘My Family is Different’, this is not the type program we hold, as a Christian Family, to be moral and traditional. We would appreciate that this type lifestyle not be portrayed as a normal lifestyles.

This type programing could lead to a boycott of Nickelodeon by Christian groups all over the world. God (YaHWeH) does not hold to this type lifestyl and neither does the Christian Majority.

Your comments would be apprecaited, thank you sir.

barrykind@gt.rr.com

Were not much in the political arena, but when God says its time to say something, were not afraid nor ashamed... [Smile]

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

i'm truly not surprized [Frown]

weve seen nickelodeon slipping slowly in the wrong direction for a while, but now starting to go leaps and bounds... [Frown]

Thanks for the report, thanks for comments, and links ;thanks esecially to Kindgo for the "bosses" links.. [Smile]

we can always count on Kindgo to did out links and info like that :0

Whether they change or not..who knows...there going to portray what sells. sad but true.. [Frown]

A while back i heard tweety bird cuss on a cartoon... [Frown]

The world shall was worse and worse..but if were not careful sin will not be exceddingly sinful anyomore...due t so much exp0sure to it

[Smile]

Keep the Faith
and trust in God amen [Smile]

--------------------

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AFA has launched two new websites to help parents do something about the trash on TV:

Onemillionmoms.com
http://www.onemillionmoms.com/

Onemilliondads.com
http://www.onemilliondads.com/

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,
If anyone wants to protest here's where to do it!

Mr. Herb Scannell, President, Nickelodeon
1515 Broadway, 38th Floor
New York, NY 10036

Nickelodeon Telephone : (212) 258-7500
Fax: (212) 258-7595
Email: scannelh@mtvn14.viacom.com.

You can also choose to skip him altogether and go to the top of the food chain and contact Mel Karmazin, president of Viacom. He just loves receiving personal messages on his voice mail. Do not be afraid to use it. [Wink]

Mel Karmazin, CEO Viacom
51 West 52nd Street
New York, NY 10019

Voice Mail: (212) 975-6500
Viacom main number: (212) 258-6000
Fax: (212) 975-5361
Email: mkarmazin@viacom.com

knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 13 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's As Bad As We Thought: Nickelodeon Pushes Homosexual Agenda On 'My Family Is

“After watching Nickelodeon’s special ‘My Family is Different,’ last night, it confirmed my worst fears about this cable network’s efforts to normalize homosexuality for children,” said Traditional Values Coalition Executive Director Andrea Lafferty today. “Nickelodeon has come down on the side of homosexuality—and millions of children were exposed to this abnormal lifestyle—thanks to Linda Ellerbee and homosexual activist Rosie O’Donnell.”
Read on...

Do you want your children watching this?

I sure don't!

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement