Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT!

Author Topic: IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT!
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So true, their is an unsaved man that has a billboard near our house and he's always putting strange things on it...

Well one day he put some awesome words on it and it struck my heart...

It read:

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but NOBODY wants to die."

It struck me that so many of us love it here in the USA that we don't want to turn lose of it.

We must first die to self, our will, and follow God's will.

But in other places like North Korea where Christians are being beheaded, or Albania where they are being shot for baptising new converts, there ready to go home...They are being severly persecuted while most of the "church" in USA is enjoying 2 cars, boat, 4 tvs, vcr, dvd, etc etc..\\

Not saying that any of these things are sin to have..(unless God has convicted someone over them), but so many of us have so much while so few has so little [Frown]

i dont want people to think that were dont appreciate a lot of the benefits from being born in USA, but were pilgrams passing through, this is NOT my home.....im heaven bound.. [Smile]

To be involved [for me] in politics it would have to be God, and for God's purpose..

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certainly many of the founders of this nation were Christians, and many were not. Many believed in God the creator, but were not Christian.

No we are not to dictate one's belief as some other religions do. God gives us a choice, but clearly tells us that the wrong choice has eternal consequences, yet he never usurps our ability to choose death over life.

We Chrisitans must remember that our citizenship is not here but in heaven.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRfan
Community Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRfan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that some of our founding fathers were Christians, although I didn't know them personally. I know free-masonry is not a good thing, and I don't know if it has evolved into something worse than in the past. I think the issue here has to do with people sharing an American culture. We may not be a "Christian nation," but there were a lot of godly principles laid out in our founding documents, regardless of how you feel about the people.
I happen to feel that letting people exercise their religions in this country is not entirely a bad thing for us as Christians, since we are supposed to be allowed equal freedom of worship. Should we dictate to everyone what they should believe, or should we let the Holy Spirit work through us to draw them to Himself? In a Moslem nation you would either have to be a Moslem, or suffer the consequences which may involve enslavement, death, and other terrible things. A similar fate befalls one in communist country, etc. I think that if we all are allowed equal opportunity, God's truth will shine forth. We are to be salt and light in the community, which means we should be involved in government, the courts, etc. as well as sharing our faith and seeking to follow Christ more fully in our own personal walk. We are to pray for leaders, so that we can live quiet lives in all godliness and dignity (see 1 Tim. 2 I think).
Our way of life does not have to be considered a bad one, if we are living for God. Sure, people may have sinful behavior and thoughts which make it seem bad. That's going to be here until Heaven, but for now I love America as my temporary home until then. [Big Grin]

--------------------
CRfan

Posts: 16 | From: CA, U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone [Razz]

Yes my dear sister homeschooler..

Our fight is not with flesh and blood,.....

and by the same token our weapons are not carnal [earthly] weapons like guns and knives...its the word of God..our sword

Eph 6: 10-18 put on the WHOLE armour of God..

i also agree that one should respect those that have rule over you...Like Peter said 1 Peter 2:13.

Good posts here...appreciate the inputs of all of you

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is we too are fighting a religious war (we Christians) but we have become so inundated and indoctrinated with Humanist doctrine that we don't even know it. It seeps into every avenue of our lives. Most "Christians" operate in a natural realm or world and have adopted humanistic world views and don't even realize it. So we think our battle is with Islamic extremeist and it is not it is with powers and principalities and spiritual wickedness in high places.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fundman
Community Member
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fundman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Muslims are fighting a religious war. We are fighting to protect the american way of life. Which of the two have the stronger convictions? It is only going to get worse, unless we realize that.

--------------------
God Bless

Fundman

Posts: 20 | From: colorado | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right on my sister right on.... [Smile]

Youre right on, your not going to be popular with that statement...but i too believe its true..

THis is not a Christian Nation...nor i too believe never will be...

Just because one believes in God does not make them saved..(The devils also believe in one God)

The "In God We Trust" for most of the 56 signers was not YaHWeH God Almighty of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.

Dont get me wrong we have a great many opportunities that the rest of the world does not have, and i thank God i was born here...

My Grandpa was a "32nd Degree" what they call a master mason, and "worshipful master" in the masonic lodge...

He states and showed me a record of 53 i think it was of the 56 original signers of the constitution was master masons....

This is a false teaching, false doctrine and opposed to YaHWeH God Almighty and His son Jesus (Yahshua)...

First and foremost i am a Christain [word first used at Antioch as a derogatory term (mocking), those that followed Jesus], i just happened to be born here. i belive the bible where it says give honor to those that have rule over you, king, president, or what ever even down to the one you work for. For God is a God of Authority..for sure!

My dear sister Homeschooler hit the nail on the head....too many are trying to MIX christianity and politics...They cam to Jesus and said do you pay taxes? What did Jesus say?; He said bring me a coin, whose picture is on it?..They said Ceaser, Jesus said render unto Ceaser what is Ceasers and unto God what is God's....

Jesus was taken up on the mount [while being tempted] and shown all the kingdoms of the world, and satan told Jesus these are mine and to whom I will give control, worship me and they shall be yours., Jesus answerd with the Word of God, You shall worship YaHWeH and Him only.

Remember when Daniel fasted for 21 days, pryaing,Daniels answer came, saying that Daniel was herd in heaven the first day, but the "prince" of persia with stood the messenger from GOd, and Michael the Arch Angel came to get the answer to Daniel...THIS shows to me that the kingdoms of this world are under satan's control.[the god of this world] Notwithstanding that God YaHWeH, can at anytime change things.

Thats why i shy away a lot of time from politics, there are occasions where when led of God i will stand up and make known what God is telling me.

Paul appealed to Ceaser, but it was not for Pauls freedom or rights, it was to bring the Gospel to Rome.

Let us be careful getting intangled into this worlds systems..... [Smile]

any thoughts folks?

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Boy I may get shot here, but this is flawed thinking.

First: Yes this is American and we speak English. It is the official language of our nation and I think that should be honored. I also believe that if you want to live here and take advantage of the freedom here you cant use that freedom to try and destroy the institutions that preserve it. You shouldn't burn the flag etc..

But, (dodging bullets) the problem occurs when we try to mix Christianity with the tenants of American freedom of religion.

The fact is freedom of religion means all those other religions have a right to be and practice, and the fact is to the Christian those other religions are or should be an offense to us.

Christ said Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

There is no gray ground, no pluralism, in Christianity, and it is our trying to accept all that has gotten the Church into trouble in the first place.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Many of our founding fathers while they believed in a god devine creator, they were not Christian, many were Free Masons, some were Unitarians, some were humanists.

I want prayer in schools, but not prayer to allah; I want cretion taught but not evolution. I dont want secular teachers teaching my children the truths of a God they do not know. I want the Bible in my school library but not a wiccan book of spells. I want to be able to read the 10 commandments on the walls of our courts but not the Koran. This is not freedom of religion!

The only way to elimminate the problems this brother speaks of is to establish a Christian Nation, which we are not, and I really doubt we ever really were. (And one Day Jesus is going to do just that!)

Now, in a Christian nation all ethnic groups would be welcome and accepted and so would thier languages, as God does not speak only English, and Jesus didn't speak English either! But the Bible would be the law and the final word.

dckeys
Community Member
Member # 27

Icon 14 posted      Profile for dckeys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
100% right, I agree totally with the Rev.

God Bless

dckeys

--------------------
"The space between these earlobes is for rent"

Posts: 18 | From: Mt. Juliet Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it amazing how weak our conviction is toward patriotsm. How Proud am I to be an American. How Proud am I to be a Christian.

Right now, the Islamic people of America seem to be hurt that others view them with distrust. and our government will capitulate to them. kind-a frustrating huh????

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 5 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think about this article? ~ knowHim

--------------------------

Dear Friends; on 5/22/02 my column was published in The Birmingham News.

“IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT!”

I am tired of the nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture, here in the U.S.A. Since the terrorist attacks on 9/11/2001, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the “politically correct” crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants.

However there are a few things that those who have recently come to OUR country and apparently some born here, need to understand!

This idea of America, being a multi-cultural community, has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity! As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories of millions of men and women who sought freedom!

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! ENGLISH! “In God We Trust!” is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan, We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, of Christian principles, founded this nation and this is clearly documented, Regardless of what the liberal politically correct so called supreme court judges, interpret; hogwash! This motto is certainly appropriate to display on the walls of our schools, homes,

Businesses, courtrooms, anywhere we choose to display this or the 10 commandments; by the way, they were not the ten suggestions!

If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is and always will be a part of our culture!

If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don’t like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don’t care how you did things where you came from they didn’t work or why are you here? Remember, DELTA Airlines is ready when you are and they can have you there overnight!

This is OUR COUNTRY, our land and our lifestyle? Until we sold out our labor to the Red Army and the slave labor of Asia, Africa, and the other nations that Kill and put in prisons the Christians there!

The Muslims, Buddhist, and Cults are free to roam and travel in this nation and they are free to teach their garbage to our young sponge like minds in school. We don’t murder them or put them in prison because they have a different god! Our first Amendment gives citizens the right to express their opinion and we allow you every opportunity to do so!

But, once you are done, complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our National Motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American Freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE!

If you agree with this message, pass it on. If you don’t agree, pass it on anyway. What the heck! This is AMERICA, After All!

Rev. Dean A. Smith dd.

AKA. The Devil Disturber a warrior for the ONE TRUE GOD!

His name isn’t Allah!

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement